We are all infected. TK-0380's Deathtrooper

Greetings guys.

I recently recieved an ATA "B" helmet and I'm going the undead rout with it. I'm on the list for a compleate ATA suit to bring my TK up to current standards but the wait time puts delivery sometime around July or August. No rush and I'm looking forward to that project when it comes. In the mean time I'll be turning my old TK into a DT using the ATA and converting my trusty old FX to meet standards. I got to work on the helmet last night following the builds from some of the others going on here on the forums (great work btw) and I'l get some pictures up of my progresss so far once I'm home from work later today. Until then this is what I'm working with:

normal_Deathtrooper_Helmet.JPG

I figure this will be a good way to practice and find out where the pitfalls on this build are going to be before getting into the TK build this summer.

Edited by TK-0380

• 2 weeks later...

Got to work on the skull portion today. After priming and a flat black base I dry brushed by starting with acrylic Brown then brown mixed with antique white, antique white, antique mixed with titanium white then just titanium white. I'm going to be doing a brown ink wash followed by detailing the teeth, adding some green/yellow/black ichor at the gum line and making the teeth look more like enamel with a gloss coat.

DSC00612_zpseceb6bed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No progress right now other then to note that my Testors French Blue arrived in the mail for the tube stripes. I need the weather to break so I can get outside to work. I don't have a garage or workshop to run the dremmel in. I'll be ordering needed parts and keep you all posted. I see Trooperbay is having a sale. :D

Cool Idea, i am thinking of turning my Jedi Robe TK into a death trooper, another trooper gave me the brilliant idea of turning a not so great kit, into a great kit... Keep it up, I'm hoping for decent weather for you , so we can get some more pics...lol,  :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Small progress. Attached the left ear to the helmet. Nothing you guys haven't seen in any other build so I won't bore you with pics. Need a bit more trimming to make it fit more flush. I'll be wrapping up this helmet in the next week with progress pics then on to the other parts.

Oh, and the paints are all in hand and the trap and tube stripe templates are ordered.

Edited by TK-0380

• 3 months later...

Ok I know it's been a while but winter realy held me back from working outside. Anyway got some work done this weekend at a build day. Finished assembly of the helmet then broke my heart when I took a dremmel to it and cut a big hole in it. More to come.

skull_zpsf5d67663.jpg

Knarly man...

Feels good to paint a brand new helmet and then turn around and tear it up....

I may do another, to have a couple options.

Yours is looking good man. Keep it up.

Ok so lots of pictures in different lighting of what I hope will be the finished product. I'm approaching the "less is more" zone and I don't want to go overboard and just muck up the whole thing now. 

DSC00650_zpsffae83e5.jpg

DSC00651_zps38746b41.jpg

DSC00652_zpse4f09325.jpg

DSC00653_zps29a56884.jpg

DSC00654_zps42f1b80b.jpg

DSC00657_zpsae0a408a.jpg

DSC00655_zps3dec63a9.jpg

• Like 1

Dug out an old pair of well worn CABoots and started on those yesterday and attacking the FX kit. Gonna be a busy weekend I think. I've got 2 conventions next month. RI Terrorcon http://www.terrorcon.net/ and Walker Stalker Con Boston http://walkerstalkercon.com/boston/. Want to be ready for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Work today included getting the thighs zombified and base coated and for some reason dressing up a halloween prop for pictures. I also removed the old oversized black buttons on the ab plate and replaced them with 7/16 inch button caps to bring them more in line with current standards. Oh, and the prop is going to be used as parts for a later part of the build.

10171695_863535790327456_451113046853497

10372060_863535756994126_247369663072326

10294396_863535826994119_107842413509687