Affordable E11's Are Now Reality!

Please take any discussions and/or debates to this area:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25753-newly-available-e-11-dicussion-area/#entry324501

Zach, please post your pics in your origional post here and to the new area as well.

Let's keep this a sales thread please.

Thanks everyone.

Hey guys sorry about the delay on photos. As I'm getting closer to finals (especially with 2 art classes that require painted/drawn pieces) I've found myself busier than a one legged man in an an impolite person kicking contest, but after Tuesday and all the pre-final reviewing and note taking lectures, ill finally have them posted and with high res images! So hang in there, although I'm half scared to death about the inevitable critiques!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this. The E-11 kit is a pretty big undertaking and i myself couldnt even keep up. I had too many other things i was doing at the same time. If it was only the E-11's id probably still be doing them.

I worked with Vern doing mine and cast all parts off of a real sterling without modding the natural finish and i also cast them in black onyx resin. Sounds like your on the right track, and im looking forward to what you produce :)

like lou says I like to work with people on blasters. from the DVH kit to the THG props kits I can and will help this project as well

I can produce moulds and castings of original scopes and counters.  I can sell the moulds to you if you'd like to offer those cast parts

• 2 months later...

**UPDATE** So, after the start of a new semester at school, a random, strange, and painful case of acute splenomegaly, and the birth of a new niece, I finally have time to update you guys on my development of a cheaper domestic E11. After purchasing my original L2A3 sterling, I've stared, researched, thrown pieces, broke numerous files, and rigorously compared parts side by side, and reached a newer more accurate possibility. I decided to plunge myself into the realm of pipe building for the last month and after lots of measuring and re-measuring I think I'm finally on to something! I printed out the classic BBC template for pipe building on 1.25" PVC/conduit pipe, but when comparing the pipes diameter with my real sterling receiver, I noticed that the pipe is marginally a bit on the wider side, appearing a bit too big appearance wise. After aimlessly wandering the aisles at my local Home Depot with a part of my sterling receiver in pocket, I stumbled upon EMT 1.25" aluminum specialty purpose metal piping. Sadly, it's only sold in 10" FT lengths, so I looked like a novice pole vaulter as I crossed half of the busy Home Depot store, and had an associate cut it into 18" inch lengths. After lugging it all into my apartment and taped the templates onto the pipe, I noticed the 1.25" PVC templates were too big, and started scratching my head. I tweaked the template on Adobe and cut about .050 off the template in the region where the folding stock lays against the receiver, and began drilling. After the test run, and finding out that my 17.1 volt lithium cordless drill only runs for about 8 minutes on the highest setting when drilling through pipe, I was greatly surprised to see the EMT pipe is about a 95% match when compared side by side to my authentic receiver. Granted the pipe is a bit on the heavier side (about 1.5lbs for the 18" inch length) I feel this could possibly combat the stigma of "omg this blaster is so light and plastic better treat it like a baby" type feelings when handled. I've yet to start piecing things like the bolt and spring inside of the pipe, but I'm fairly confident it should be a hassle or a simple sand and fix. Considering 10"ft of pipe and a $4 stepped but would produce about 5 full metal and more accurate looking receivers for a pipe build, I'll be posting pics of the project tonight after my last class. Vern!!!!! Input please, and was wondering if you did any digging on my sterling serial #'s yet? If this intrigues anyone else as much as it does me, please comment with any suggestions or questions!

I myself am also looking forward to seeing the pics. I texted you back about the scope and counter this morning but didnt get a reply. You mentioned your casting source for the scope and counter sold there stuff do you mean they were selling you molds or cast or letting you cast the originals?

1.25 pipe is the wrong size. a pipe kit sells for 45.00 usd for a kit without a scope counter and T Tracks.

usually a scope and counter and T tracks should not cost 55.00, then add accurate power cells.