Affordable E11's Are Now Reality!

This goes out to all the E11 kit builders. Remember wearing down the tips of your fingers as you scoured the internet for how people build such amazing E11s? Or when you first heard the names doopydoo or scifire and the amazing hype attached to their products only to find out they cost an arm and a leg? Well like all of you, I've been there many times, and felt that frustration and anger of possibly having to settle for a spray painted hasbro because I don't have a trust fund. Well luckily for me, thanks to my having served for 4 years as an active duty soldier in the Army, I had the chance of meeting a historical firearms collector right outside of Boston, and I immediately asked him if he had any MG34's or Lewis Machineguns, or possibly a Sterling SMG in his collection. He laughed about the first two, them informed me he owned an authentic sterling. I was beyond floored! I then proceeded to spill my fan boy guts all over the shooting ranges parking lot, and asked if it would be ok if I got molds off of it, and after a very enthusiastic "of course" he then asked if I could build one for his collection. This threads purpose is to allow the newer generation of trooping enthusiast an easier route with less difficulty and scolding on forums for being misinformed or confused. I'm a full time college student not having to juggle kids, 40 hours a week, a wife, and then my hobby, so turn around time will be rather quick on these kits. All kits will be cast in Smooth-On Onyx Black Heavy Duty resin. Since I'm lucky enough to have so many great affiliations with historical weapons collectors, I've gotten to mold the goodies like an authentic Henglster, Both the long (ANH), and the short (ESB) style tank scopes. This kit being offered is kind of like the build to suit type blaster kit. I am casting all of the neccissary components to be able to provide builders an accurate affordable means to make: ANH stunt and hero E11, ESB stunt and hero E11, and a kit for an E11 Tunesia, which from personal observation, is a "figure it out yourself" kind of build. I honestly don't even want to try and begin to do an ROTJ E11 because of the whole T-Rack & greeblie debate. I haven't set a concrete price per kit yet, but I'd love some input from you guys as to what could be considered both fair and affordable. The kit will contain: front sight, front muzzle, T-Racks, folding stock assembly, magazine well with removable magazine, grip, trigger guard, trigger, safety selector switch, rear sight, rear cap, rear cap release, bayonet lug, hengstler counter, tank scope of your choosing, and power cylinders. This kit is intended for a pipe build, but for a nominal fee I can assemble and prime. If you just want an E11 that's finished, weathered, and ready to rock that's also an available option. If anyone has any input please let me know, because I don't want this to spiral out of control and before I know it I'm just as guilty of the aforementioned companies who in my opinion charge a bit much. Please PM me if you have questions, and I'll try and get pics up of my test casts from Sunday!

it's strange how a post with no photos can have someone who wants to buy.

Ā 

Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Ā 

sure... when are the castings done?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

well DVH sold his kits for 100-ish and that even included the pipe and scope rail iirc, so youll have to source those. after he sold the molds i never heard about them again. whoever bought them is probably covering his bathroom walls with hundreds of e11 casts. e11s and black trash bags. and vern is the man when it comes to blasters

Hi Zach! Welcome to FISD and it's great to see another blaster builder. Can't wait to see pix as this sounds like a really cool project. As you can see there are some real blaster nuts on the boards (as you can see, Vern is one of them), so please understand that any questions aren't meant as criticism but simply people being very excited.

Ā 

What can we do to help? Sounds like you are off to a great start. Like others here, some pix of where you are at would be very helpful. :)

Ā 

Lastly...I've had to moderate heavily on this forum. Before people other than Zach reply, please re-read the forum rules about how we treat others (or remember what your Mom always told you). Keep the discussion on topic and friendly, or the Emperor will be most displeased :sith: You've been warned :Laser:

I playfully draw a line in the sand... and wait for photos.

Ā 

(have a chance cube here- red... or blue....- no parts... no deal....)

Ā 

watto-chance-cube-e1329009554523.jpg

striker says that you purchased blasters from him... is this where your master molds come from?

he and I just spoke on the phone about you.

Ā 

he is in ohio and I am in california

Ā 

we are watching

back to the old FISD where posts are removed...

Ok, I must insist on pics of this version of the E-11, if pics aren't posted, I will be forced to lock this tread.

Ā 

Let's give him some time everyone, we don't want to overwhelm this thread.

Ā 

Thanks.

Hey guys I just wanted to apologize for any toes that were stepped on and realized how ahead of myself I got with my original post. I obviously let my fan boy excitement get the best of me when deciding to share the news of my new project, and can understand the suspicion based on the obvious lack of photographic evidence that I had failed to supply upon my initial post.

PEDRO! Your parts are stunning and were a large part of my childish over zealousness to contribute to the blaster building community and a very strong inspiration once I found your etsy page! I would never blatantly disrespect or insult any fellow builder and re-cast anybody's hard work ever!

Pictures of the process start to finish, as well as photos of the real sterling SMG I casted off will all be uploaded tomorrow along with my FISD ID name written on post it note that will be part of every photo to ensure I'm not some picture stealing google images bandit. I'll be making a trip to get into my buddies shop tomorrow afternoon once I get out of class.

Again I would like to say I'm deeply sorry for my lack of clarification involving my building process and any suspicion raised from members I have purchased from in the past. I just wanted to join the ranks of you fellow kit makers and casters who have made my childhood dream of owning an accurate looking E-11 a reality!

As I mentioned in the post earlier and via text you you, we welcome new builders and are all excited here when we get new mold makers lol. We are a good group and protect our own which might have been part of the "Pictures for proof" was thrown out so much here. I truly meant it when I said I hope you do succeed on your projects and will be available for tips if you want them.Ā