Found these boots at Target of all places...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the front seam was only a restriction when going for centurion. Ā Wouldn't it work for basic 501st approval, even EIB? Ā 

I think these would be acceptable for basic and EI. Good thing we have lots of boot painting tutorials :)

Ā 

I don't think I paid $49. for my TK Boots tho... :)

Ā 

Boots
For 501st approval:
  • White leather or leather-like, above ankle height, with a flat sole with a short heel, and small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle with no buckles or laces. Jodhpur/Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable. Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.Ā 
For level two certification (if applicable): For level three certification (if applicable):Ā 
  • There shall be no seam on the front of the boot (e.g. CABoots are not allowed).

getting boots with a seam like this is like buying an FX helmet and trying to go EIB.

Ā 

just simply go the extra little step and get the right boot, and then paint with angelus paints.

angelus is the easy way to paint boots.

I must agree with Vern, why not aim a bit higher, than solely focusing on the price?..:-), and just barely make to the point if basic CRL clearance?:-)...

Ā 

Basically they are not accurate. Yes they are cheap..but I doubt they will last very long, or be that comfortable to wear for that matter.

I know that the choice is the individuals prerogative, but should we not try and advocate the highest of standards?:-)... Just my two cents..:-)