Animated Stormtrooper (SW REBELS)

Kudos to the first person to troop in one of these. I know I'll be watching the build thread with great interest. It's not the suit but the creativity in the process used to build it that will have my interest.

• 4 weeks later...

Ā Wow that thing is ugly, I love the Tk armor and I love making the kids happy. This thing would make me throw up if I saw it in person, please don't do it. It is not that you aren't talented enough to do it, I have your clone armor and love it. I just think you can rock out any number of cool characters don't waste your time on this FX reject!

Ā Wow that thing is ugly, I love the Tk armor and I love making the kids happy. This thing would make me throw up if I saw it in person, please don't do it. It is not that you aren't talented enough to do it, I have your clone armor and love it. I just think you can rock out any number of cool characters don't waste your time on this FX reject!

I can't agree with you completely. Ā The suit does look very, almost shockingly, different from the traditional TK, but for the armor to not be made at all would mean that those who want it will be deprived of the opportunity to make a new impression on a child Star Wars fan. I say that if you don't want it, don't support it and don't buy it. I'm cool with that logic. If you don't want to clean vomit out of your helmet, skip all the troops that the Rebels TKs sign up for. ;)Ā Ā Before long, we're going to see them regularly, just like with the animated clones. We'll get used to it, I'm sure.Ā  :)

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 2

I can't agree with you completely. Ā The suit does look very, almost shockingly, different from the traditional TK, but for the armor to not be made at all would mean that those who want it will be deprived of the opportunity to make a new impression on a child Star Wars fan. I say that if you don't want it, don't support it and don't buy it. I'm cool with that logic. If you don't want to clean vomit out of your helmet, skip all the troops that the Rebels TKs sign up for. ;)Ā Ā Before long, we're going to see them regularly, just like with the animated clones. We'll get used to it, I'm sure.Ā  :)

^^ What he said.

Ā 

GO for it! Make it! Love the look of the Animated TK.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So anyone know if anyone is doing a animated TK armour kit?

I heard rumors that someone was doing a kit but the only hint I got was clone.net (and not Kev)- figured I'd start at FISD before I ran over there to try my luck.

Edited by TK Kenny

I ordered my Animated Tk Helmet from Grand Zillo Creations last week, a kit version of what Dave Filoni got.TZA (Jim LaBrake) is making/building the armor parts and his own helmet, I'm definately going the get the parts, after which I'm going to safe up for the Episode 7 armor, it all depends ofcourse otherwise it will be the new Xwing Pilot outfit.

Ā 

https://www.facebook.com/jim.labrake/media_set?set=a.485327471570981.1073741829.100002811972880&type=3

Ā 

It's already looking pretty neat :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got my helmet last Wednesday, let me start by saying ....great first Impression, very neatly packaged.The helmet is smaller than I expected (I was expecting an Armor FX-sized helmet, but instead it's a tiny bit smaller than a regular sized TK helmet).

Ā 

IMG_1598_zpsdd44f3c4.jpg

Ā 

IMG_1603_zps6ed8a18b.jpg

Ā 

It's a perfect fit....does it need padding? Well not too much needed here.

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_1604_zps26bd8290.jpg

Ā 

Looks like the interior Black Color, has been rotocasted with the proces is my guess, which to me seems perfect!

Edited by Tk Gino

Received mine as I wanted to add this version to my bucket collection. First impressions it's has nice details, the tubes cheeks could probably be a bit longer but really depends how you wore the bucket, tilted slightly would be more screen accurate. The only negative (which you can see in previous photos) is that is pretty bumpy, which means some sanding and perhaps some bondo will be required.

Ā 

Would I purchase armor to match the bucket, no I'd keep my savings and wait for EPVII armor ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin, you do such Fantastic work!! loved your Imp Driver... just fantastic! justĀ recently started watching SWR the troopers are different but still cool, I didn't like them at first but after watching the show ..they have grown on me. Still love the old school, but die hard enough to love the new stuff as well. I'd take one for the collection for sure!!

Edited by Geekin'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...