Animated Stormtrooper (SW REBELS)

So is there any interest in the "Animated Stormtrooper" from the new up-coming Star Wars REBELS TV show????

The armor and helmets are very much different than any of the movies or video games.

O'ya and it looks like we will see some with orange pauldron too.

Screenshot2013-11-18at95340PM_zps69a5bcb

Screenshot2013-11-18at95704PM_zps0f56f1e

star-wars-rebels-logo_zps3ec81e21.jpg

Kevin W.

please don't make this costume... it looks so very wrong.

how many people are going to see this and say?  Bad stormy costume.

and then they will have to explain...

I'm wondering if in Season 2 they'll change it? The Clone Wars helmets changed over time - perhaps enough people will whisper in Filoni's ear...

• 5 months later...

Gah....this is saddening to read. I think the new Stormtroopers look fine. It's different, yes, but...wow.

Imagine if the animated Clone Wars haters were successful in persuading the armor makers not to make those suits. The 501st would have a lot less variety, and the RL would suffer as well. Kevin and WCA (sorry if I'm missing any others) were awesome in that they could build these Clone and DW kits and get them in the hands of troopers. The TV shows are what the kids these days are into, and they need something immediately recognizable to them.

I would think that this one would be a future FISD costume, so seeing so many negative comments from members of this forum really rustles my jimmies. I probably won't be able to make one of those things fit me, but you should totally make these suits Kevin.

If not KW, someone's going to. Someone already made the helmet... https://www.facebook.com/grandzillocreations

So get used to seeing them around, because once they're here, they're not going away.  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by SolidScrafty
  • Like 2

I believe acceptance goes both ways. It should be OK that some folks love it, some will hate it. There is no rule that says everyone on FISD has to like everything equally about stormtroopers. Even in canon TK's we see this, e.g. some like the ROTJ TK, some do not. It's a live & let live kinda place...

• Like 1

I'm okay with the fact that people won't like it -- that's harmless, but when I see comments like "don't make this suit," that's what gets me riled up. Some of us don't consider that there are folks who would love to get into something like this.

• Like 1

Understood, and I would totally agree with you there. I'm 100% confident people will make this suit and will rock it out. If we're lucky, they will be done in time for Celebration 7 - how cool would that be?

I totally dig the animated look. Sure I'm a purist and my favourite will always be the ANH look but I was always fond of cartoon-ized versions. Look at my pixel stormie profile pic! D:

I would totally suit up in the Rebels TK.  It's all about the kids and reaching a new audience.  If you go this route Kevin I'll support you!