Expert Infantry and Centurion CRL Changes!

Darth Aloha

Aloha troopers,

Earlier this year the detachment voted on a ton of changes to the Centurion requirements, and a few for Expert Infantry. The stars aligned and it was finally time to make the changes we decided on oh so long ago. I feel so strongly about making these changes that at least three of them put me out of the running for Centurion. 

While the changes go in effect immediately I am willing to overlook some of these new requirements for people in the midst of their build. Please send me a PM if you have concerns and I'm happy to work it out. 

The biggest change that effects only a few people is that the overlap construction method is no longer allowed for Centurion unless you have a ROTJ style costume. We also made some changes to the wording around the side rivets for Centurion. Another thing of note is that ab buttons must be painted directly on the ab plate rather than use a Chicago style screw for Centurion. And lastly FX armor is no longer approvable for Centurion. 

Here are the highlights for ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, Death, HWT and ESB. Blue is EIB and Red is Centurion.

• Thermal detonator belt clips must be positioned near the end caps with a approximate 1/8" (3 mm) gap.

• Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.

• Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.

• Ear bars shall have only one bump painted in black (rank stripes). (not ESB)

• Ab plate buttons must be integrated and painted directly on the plate, no separate buttons are allowed.

• Rivets on the left side of the ab plate: a total of three fasteners, the heads should be rounded or domed, solid, approximately 5/16" (8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Paperclip brads are not considered to have a domed head. Note: For the original TK armor the type of rivets used were bifurcated rivets or split rivets.

• Three rivets shall be present on the left side of the kidney plate, the heads should be rounded or domed, solid, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Paperclip brads are not considered to have a domed head. Note: For the original TK armor the type of rivets used were bifurcated rivets or split rivets.

• AM chest plate must be replaced with a more screen accurate version.

• AM back plate must be replaced with a more screen accurate version.

• Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

• Drop boxes must have full inner drop boxes to close the back. Flat covers are not allowed.

• Thigh ammo belt must be attached to thigh with a solid head rivet or fastener in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge. Standard pop rivets are not allowed

• Thighs must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

• Lower legs must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

• Biceps must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.

• Forearms must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed.
For ROTJ, INC, TKC, SKY:
  • Thighs must use the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not allowed.
  • Biceps must use the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not allowed.
  • Lower legs must be constructed using the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not allowed.

Here are the actual changes in detail:

Special Notes: 

All 

FX armor may not be used for Centurion level 3. 

Helmet 

ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, Death & HWT 

Previous wording: 

Ear bars shall have only one or two bumps painted in black (rank stripes) 

New change: 

Ear bars shall have only one bump painted in black (rank stripes). 

Thermal Detonator 

ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, Death, and ESB

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Thermal detonator belt clips must be positioned near the end caps with a approximate 1/8" (3 mm) gap. 

Lower Legs 

ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, Death, HWT, ROTJ, and ESB: 

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin. 

ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, Death, HWT and ESB

Previous wording: 

Ideally there should be no visible rivets or brads used to secure the sniper plate to the left greave. 

New change: 

Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin. 

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Lower legs must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed. 

ROTJ, INC, TKC, SKY

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Lower legs must be constructed using the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not allowed.

Chest 

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

AM chest plate must be replaced with a more screen accurate version. 

Back 

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

AM back plate must be replaced with a more screen accurate version. 

Ab plate

ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, HWT, Death, ROTJ, and ESB

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Ab plate buttons must be integrated and painted directly on the plate, no separate buttons are allowed. 

ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, HWT, Death & ESB

Previous wording: 

Rivets on the left side of the ab plate: a total of three rivets, the heads should be approximately 5/16" (8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Note:For the original used TK armor, this type of rivets where, bifurcated rivets or split rivet. 

New change: 

Rivets on the left side of the ab plate: a total of three fasteners, the heads should be rounded or domed, solid, approximately 5/16" (8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Paperclip brads are not considered to have a domed head. Note: For the original TK armor the type of rivets used were bifurcated rivets or split rivets.

Belt 

ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, Death, and ESB

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box. 

Previous wording: 

Drop boxes are closed in the back. 

New change: 

Drop boxes must have full inner drop boxes to close the back. Flat covers are not allowed. 

Kidney 

Previous wording: 

Three rivets shall be present on the left side of the kidney plate, the heads should be approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Note: For the original used TK armor, this type of rivets where, bifurcated rivets or split rivet. 

New change: 

Three rivets shall be present on the left side of the kidney plate, the heads should be rounded or domed, solid, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter and equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not. Paperclip brads are not considered to have a domed head. Note: For the original TK armor the type of rivets used were bifurcated rivets or split rivets. 

Thighs 

Previous wording: 

The thigh ammo belt shall be connected by brads/split rivets only – but not by standard rivets. 

New change: 

Thigh ammo belt must be attached to thigh with a solid head rivet or fastener in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge. Standard pop rivets are not allowed 

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Thighs must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed. 

ROTJ, INC, TKC, SKY

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Thighs must use the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not allowed. 

Biceps 

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Biceps must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed. 

ROTJ, INC, TKC, SKY

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Biceps must use the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not allowed. 

Forearms 

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Forearms must be constructed using the butt joint and cover strip method. Overlap construction is not allowed. 

ROTJ, INC, TKC, SKY

Previous wording: 

N/A 

New change: 

Forearms must use the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not allowed. 

It was about time for sure, and something many of us invested a lot of time into. Myself included.

The good thing is that if you paid attention here on FISD when you built your kit you should already have these new requirements implemented, as they have been on the board for a long time.

Thank you.  I've got to admit that I've been slightly anxious about this - and for no real reason, my armor is still deep in Rob's queue up in Canada :) - but looking at the changes, I'm not at all alarmed as they represent what I feel will be minor changes when I begin my build as opposed to massive undertakings.  Further, as others have noted, it will certainly set a better and still attainable standard for both EIB and Centurion!

Thanks again, Eric, and the staff members associated and involved in the changes.

Edited by Dark CMF

It's good to hear and see things moving! Good job to everyone who have been involved in that :duim:

I will gladly start the french translations as soon as possible for my garrison, so if you need them Eric just PM me  :)

Technically or where to post?

Use a hoster like photobucket and post your application , according to the standard-scheme, here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

Yup, I agree with Mathias that if you've kept up with recent builds and EIB/Centurion applications none of this comes at a surprise. Very positive step forward towards increasing accuracy. Glad to see it implemented.... :)

How do I submit photos for EIB and Centurion ???  Can you point me in the right direction ?

Hi Jeff,

First you would want to request for 501st status using this link: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/page-1

Then apply for EIB and then Centurion after EIB approval

Link for EIB: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/95-expert-infantryman-program/

Link for Centurion: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/66-fisd-centurion-program/

HOW TOs (a more detailed guide for EIB and Cent respectively): http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/36-howto-expert-infantry-application-guidelines/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/35-howto-legion-centurion-application-guidelines/

The links can be found in the forum homepage itself so you won't have to keep referring to this post XD

Goood job all!.:-)..

A question: will this affect current EIB holders or Centurions?

No, it does not. Existing award holders are grandfathered. But upgrades are of course always encouraged. ;)

No, it does not. Existing award holders are grandfathered. But upgrades are of course always encouraged. ;)

RGR that Mathias:-) ... And ofcourse ( luckily my armour is fully up to the new standards, I still "just" need to loose more weight...15 cm now, and still the gap is too big for Centurion...but I reckon that 6 months in Africa will take care of that little "problem";-)

It's good to hear and see things moving! Good job to everyone who have been involved in that :duim:

I will gladly start the french translations as soon as possible for my garrison, so if you need them Eric just PM me  :)

Germain! Bless your heart. I'll be in touch. 

Thank you.  I've got to admit that I've been slightly anxious about this - and for no real reason, my armor is still deep in Rob's queue up in Canada :) - but looking at the changes, I'm not at all alarmed as they represent what I feel will be minor changes when I begin my build as opposed to massive undertakings.  Further, as others have noted, it will certainly set a better and still attainable standard for both EIB and Centurion!

Thanks again, Eric, and the staff members associated and involved in the changes.

Tim: You might want to email Rob and ask him to trim your armor for butt joints and cover strips. His default is to send it trimmed for overlap construction. 

-Eric

Germain! Bless your heart. I'll be in touch. 

Tim: You might want to email Rob and ask him to trim your armor for butt joints and cover strips. His default is to send it trimmed for overlap construction. 

-Eric

Thank you Eric, I'll be sure to do that when I hit the queue!

• 1 month later...

So would the ab buttons that VaderDave sells on here or the decals that trooperbay be acceptable for Centurion?

And is there a specific way that the flexible hand plates need to be attached to be Centurion approved?

Thanks...starting my build any day now.

Chadder

So would the ab buttons that VaderDave sells on here or the decals that trooperbay be acceptable for Centurion?

And is there a specific way that the flexible hand plates need to be attached to be Centurion approved?

Thanks...starting my build any day now.

Chadder

The bottons are not approved anymore since the last CRL changes.

As for the latex guards. Just need to glue them on.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Not just any glue will work for the hanguards. Karin herself has suggested Loctite for plastics available at Home Depot. It comes with a primer pen that supercleans the two surfaces. The adhesive is actually just superglue.

• 1 month later...

Re: Centurian Boots.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that boots had to be slightly scuffed for Centurian, and that very comment was made on one of the most recent Centurian applications, however it's not in the CRL's anymore.

Has it changed one way or another?

Re: Centurian Boots.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that boots had to be slightly scuffed for Centurian, and that very comment was made on one of the most recent Centurian applications, however it's not in the CRL's anymore.

Has it changed one way or another?

Yes. Like I said in the comment, it made little change to require the boots to be of a different wear than the armour. So we removed the requirement (although I would have preferred a different wording than complete removal).