TK88980 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [TM] [348]

TK88980 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [TM]

Tim Landwehr

TK 88980 http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=15209&costumeID=124

Wisconsin Garrison

Armor Maker-TM

Helmet Maker-TM

Helmet decals-TM Hand Painted look decals (My painting skills are horrible.  Sorry!)

Blaster-Doopy Doo full resin with mods

Height-5’10

Weight-150 lbs

Boots-TK size 9

Canvas Belt-Rob Kittell

Hand Plates-TM

Electronics-icomm and Aker MR2506

Neck seal-Lady sew for us

Holster-AP

Front shot

TMTKFrontshot_zps970a1622.jpg

Back shot

TMTKBackshot_zpse7cf151e.jpg

Buck off front shot (I grew a mustache for the photo.  My wife does not approve)

TMTKbucketoff_zpsca4f1f57.jpg

Left side arms down

TMTKLeftsidearmsdown_zps98af5d90.jpg

Left side arms up

TMTKLeftsidearmsup_zps5cb77c38.jpg

Right side arms down

TMTKRightsidearmsdown_zpsce523d87.jpg

Right side arms up

TMTKRightsidearmsup_zps3eae1db7.jpg

Action shot 1

TMactionshot2_zpsfdbab3a4.jpg

Action shot 2

TMactionshot_zps49f5533e.jpg

Bucket front shot

HelmetFront_zps93ead529.jpg

Bucket left side (three screw details on ears)

BucketLeftSide_zpscf092d5f.jpg

Bucket right side

BucketRightSide_zpsf4833973.jpg

Bucket back

BucketBack_zpsd04005cf.jpg

Hovi mic tips with white rim detail

HoviMicTips_zps816e6abb.jpg

Green lens and mesh in frown

BucketLensColorProofPhoto_zps7aa88778.jp

S-tubing on bucket opening

STrimcloseup_zpsb9fe0206.jpg

Bucket inside

BucketS-Trim_zpsb36a4866.jpg

Strapping system

Strappingsystem_zps88027af2.jpg

Left side of armor clam shelled

TorsoLeftSide_zps099ce276.jpg

Right side of armor clam shelled

TorsoRightSide_zps1ae9ea28.jpg

Chest Plate front

ChestPlateshoulderstrapgluedconnection_z

Chest Plate inside

ChestPlateinside_zpsc917231b.jpg

Back plate inside

BackPlateinside_zps17bbe11a.jpg

Chest and back plate closure

BackPlatestrapconnectionwithelasticonbot

Close up of chest and back plate closure with free floating straps and elastic detail

BackPlatestrapconnectionwithelastic_zps5

Elastic shoulder strap with sew on snap to attach shoulder bell

ChestPlateelasticconnectionwithsnap_zps1

Elastic shoulder strap with close up of shoulder bell attachment

Shoulderstrapandforarmattachment_zpsfbdc

Bicep with no return edge

Bicepnoreturnedge_zpsb9875a54.jpg

Forearm with no return edge

Forarmnoreturnedge_zps75c90840.jpg

Six painted split rivets detail

Splitrivetdetailoutside_zps1732f688.jpg

Inside split rivet shot (I dislike working with split rivets.  Pain in the rear!)

Splitrivetdetailinside_zps08d1f388.jpg

Snap detail

Cornersnapdetail_zps210e8d41.jpg

Greave with sniper plate

SniperPlateconnectionandplacement_zpsac3

Close up of sniper plate with no rivets

SniperPlateconnection_zps2165acdd.jpg

Greaves closed in back

Greavesclosed_zpsa462743a.jpg

Greaves open showing the new CRL showing closing to the inside

Greavesopen_zpsf14fbf6c.jpg

Thigh with ammo pack

Thighammopackplacement_zps9d2518a4.jpg

Ammo pack detail with corners rounded and painted cap rivet detail. (I know the ammo pack should possibly be lower lining up edge but if fit poorly.  I had to bring it up a smidge to make it fit better.)

Thighammopackrivetdetail_zps5742c94d.jpg

Painted button detail using correct testers colors

Buttoncloseup_zps28b7e155.jpg

Cod piece with split rivet detail unpainted

CodPiecesplitrivetoutsidedetail_zps7e1be

Inside cod piece split rivet detail

CodPiecesplitrivetinsidedetail_zps029298

Cod piece and but plate connection with snap details and snap rivet shot

CodPiecesnapcloser_zps1e334b94.jpg

Belt with 45 degree edges cut, rivet covers and drop boxes with correct spacing

DropBoxPlacement_zps95d70879.jpg

Elastic loops connecting drop boxes and drop box backs

DropBoxBack_zps8f536d9d.jpg

Holster placement with rivets to the bottom of the belt

HolsterRivetPlacement_zpsf004002f.jpg

TD back with clips to the ends

TDBack_zps551e0953.jpg

TD Horizontal shot

TDHorizontal_zpsa59640b8.jpg

TD Front

TDFront_zps2be34c33.jpg

TD back with black pan head screws

Detonatorwithscrews_zps283b7ac6.jpg

Neck seal

NeckSeal_zps07c1b169.jpg

Rubber gloves with painted TM flexible hand guards

Handplateslatexhandpainted_zps77585fcd.j

Size 9 TK boots lightly scuffed

TKbootssize9_zps57c132c3.jpg

Right side E-11 Doopy Doo full resin

E11RightSide_zpsc2744818.jpg

Left side E-11

E11LeftSide_zps4ccf574d.jpg

E-11 Doopy Doo full resin Blaster with accurate spring and working slide

E11FunctioningSpring_zps6e08576d.jpg

E-11 weathered with counter and d-ring detail

E11DRingDetail_zpse8c7f993.jpg

I am sorry for the long list of pictures!  I wanted to make sure I did not forget something but I am sure I did.  I appreciate the feedback and would really like to try for Centurion if all goes well.  Thank you again and I appreciate all the help from everyone on the boards.  It does make getting ready for these submissions so much easier to understand what they are looking for. 

Cheers,

Tim Landwehr-TK 88980

Couple of questions for the reviewers. Not sure if these would be applicable to EIB or to centurion or not at all...

Do the straps for the holster need to be tan instead of black? black straps are typically for ESB.

Are the rivets that connect the straps to the holster correct? Not the ones on the belt, those look correct, just wondering about the holster itself.

Great submission by the way. It looks fantastic and fits you well.

Great question Francisco!  I am not sure.  This was the holster that I recieved with my first set of AP armor.  I turned the AP into a sandy and swiped the holster for the TM.  Even if it does not effect EIB or Centurion, I think I might change it just for accuracy.  I have done all this work already, what the hell!  

Personally I'm not that bothered by the holster, but the placement of the knee belt rivets. I'm 5'10" and wear TM myself so I don't see why you would need to put the rivets up on the thigh like that.

Tim,

Thanks for making the review process easy. I wish everyone's photos were are clear as yours are. It's a nice clean build and an easy pass for Expert Infantry. 

Congrats!

I have just one suggestion before you apply for EIB.... which seems to be a recurring theme this week.

Centurion Suggestions

• Your knee pack should be moved. This is something I did when I built my TK and ended up fixing after a wrestling match with the knee belt. The rivet is in the right place but it should go through the ridge on the bottom of the thigh, not into the thigh itself. 

Here is your thigh:

Check out this gallery of screen shots and screen used armor to see where to place it:

Please let me know if you have any questions about the knee pack.

Congrats again!

-Eric

I would like to add that if you decide to move your knee belt, you should take the opportunity to trim off the flashing that runs across both top and bottom of your knee belt, so that the top and bottom is flush with the boxes themselves.

Aside from that, you have a really nice build! :duim:

Outstanding!  Thanks fellas.  I sure appreciate it and will move the ammo pack tonight before applying for Centurion.  I will trim the top and bottom flashing like Mathias requested and move it down.  I looked at the screen shots Eric sent and I guess it is ok if it is a little wonky as long at it lines up with the edge on the bottom.  I was worried more about it being level but I guess it really doesn't matter.  Thanks for all of your help and suggestions and making it a great experience to apply for EIB.  When I do apply for centurian do I need to enter all the shots again or can this be moved over?  Thank you again and I will make the corrections now. 

Cheers,

Tim

Wonky is nothing to be worried about. And yes, you'll need to make a new thread. The pictures can be reused as long as they depict centurion grade armour. IE, take new pics of the knee belt after the fix.

Outstanding!  Thanks fellas.  I sure appreciate it and will move the ammo pack tonight before applying for Centurion.  I will trim the top and bottom flashing like Mathias requested and move it down.  I looked at the screen shots Eric sent and I guess it is ok if it is a little wonky as long at it lines up with the edge on the bottom.  I was worried more about it being level but I guess it really doesn't matter.  Thanks for all of your help and suggestions and making it a great experience to apply for EIB.  When I do apply for centurian do I need to enter all the shots again or can this be moved over?  Thank you again and I will make the corrections now. 

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks for understanding Tim!

And thanks to Mathias for picking up my slack. He's right about the need to trim a little more of the knee belt.

-Eric

I'd just want to say: +1 for the mustache :) !! And congrats for your EIB of course

And for your future Centurion application, it looks like your belt kept going lower on your pictures, is it because it wasn't attached to the abdominal plate? Or maybe unsnapped? Because we can see the snaps on both the belt and the ab on your detailed pics.

Also you're ears are very thick. That shouldn't prevent you from Cent; but it something i would improved one of these days.

Tim,

Thanks for making the review process easy. I wish everyone's photos were are clear as yours are. It's a nice clean build and an easy pass for Expert Infantry. 

Congrats!

I have just one suggestion before you apply for EIB.... which seems to be a recurring theme this week.

Centurion Suggestions

• Your knee pack should be moved. This is something I did when I built my TK and ended up fixing after a wrestling match with the knee belt. The rivet is in the right place but it should go through the ridge on the bottom of the thigh, not into the thigh itself. 

Here is your thigh:

Check out this gallery of screen shots and screen used armor to see where to place it:

Please let me know if you have any questions about the knee pack.

Congrats again!

-Eric

Fixed it Eric!  I just sent in my centurion application.  Thanks you for all the help with this process.

Thighwithammopackrevised_zpsb29c140e.jpg

How's the other side of the knee belt looking?

Done the same way as the right side Mathias.  I had to pull the entire thing off and I redid it.  It was not as bad as I thought it would be and I am happy I did it as you both indicated. I also trimmed both sides of the flashing down like you had mentioned.  Thanks again for all the help.

Tim