â€¢    Weight = 195 lb
    â€¢    Boots = TK Boots
    â€¢    Canvas belt = TrooperBay
    â€¢    Hand Plates = TrooperBay
    â€¢    Electronics= Aker
    â€¢    Neck Seal = Ebay (unknown)
    â€¢    Holster = AP

(Fan System: Echo Works!)

I first trooped in this AP suit in March 2013, and it has already been in a number of troops ranging from commercial shoots, bowling, merry go rounds, and more. I'm finally submitting for EIB status, but will probably tweak further before going for Centurion.

Thank you for your consideration.

6A0A6645_zpsd24a3c38.jpg

6A0A6648_zpsc8882294.jpg

6A0A6658_zps5d0f4f72.jpg

6A0A6666_zpsb0376537.jpg

6A0A6677_zps8814d63c.jpg

6A0A6686_zps84c9499b.jpg

6A0A6696_zps36cd5f50.jpg

6A0A6622_zps6c6df339.jpg

6A0A6713_zps9e243d19.jpg

6A0A6717_zps9d32423f.jpg

6A0A6720_zpsbc1d6905.jpg

6A0A6737_zpsde85f40c.jpg

6A0A6752_zps52fefc8c.jpg

6A0A6760_zps3d40031c.jpg

6A0A6763_zps98421cf2.jpg

6A0A6766_zpse4659c19.jpg

6A0A6768_zps4e0eddc5.jpg

6A0A6770_zps0998d96c.jpg

6A0A6774_zpse395eeef.jpg

6A0A6779_zpse9525244.jpg

6A0A6782_zpscd0740b1.jpg

6A0A6794_zpsf398eea7.jpg

6A0A6796_zpsea0437ff.jpg

6A0A6797_zpsb632ca98.jpg

6A0A6800_zpscc6ea419.jpg

6A0A6805_zpsaa879630.jpg

6A0A6807_zps489d389f.jpg

6A0A6819_zpsd37c8d94.jpg

6A0A6822_zps3792d734.jpg

The blue on the AB buttons need checking there. They look like the old dark midnight blue, rather than the required lighter French blue.

A better pic may help clear up what colour they are.

Understood and thank you! I shot some in the sunlight and then under brighter indoor lighting, but neither were very clear and they do appear a bit dark. I was trying to avoid

using a flash. I'll shoot more as soon as I get home.

OK! So I checked the blue buttons and they do appear a bit dark. I have a number of blue paints and am touching up often. I think I was more concerned

with other details and wasn't paying attention to this!

I grabbed a french blue and just applied. Let me know if this helps out:

Ab1_zpsd8e704a2.jpg

The blue on the AB buttons need checking there. They look like the old dark midnight blue, rather than the required lighter French blue.

A better pic may help clear up what colour they are.

Is French Blue required? Blue Angel Blue (slightly darker) was acceptable when I was in the queue and I got it from the paint PDF thingy found here in several threads. I prefer the slightly darker blue on the abs myself. French Blue looks so "painted" :) Anyway I just didn't know if this has changed.

Hi Ingrid

It's probably best, as you are the Deputy Commanding officer of the FISD to have checked the tutorials before making a post like you have just done.

With your staff position credentials it does not serve well for you to be mis informed or thrown confusion into the pot.

Here is the up to date colour chart.

Posted Image

It's also super easy to find pictures of original armour that clearly shows that the blue paint is a "true" blue, not a darker version. Same thing with the grey, which is fairly light.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/921-ab-plate-04jpg/

med_gallery_12157_16_28564.jpg

med_gallery_12157_16_11210.jpg

It's also super easy to find pictures of original armour that clearly shows that the blue paint is a "true" blue, not a darker version. Same thing with the grey, which is fairly light.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/image/921-ab-plate-04jpg/

med_gallery_12157_16_28564.jpg

med_gallery_12157_16_11210.jpg

I have about 6 bottles of gray as well if I need to change those out. It will only take me 10 minutes. Just let me know and thanks!

I have about 6 bottles of gray as well if I need to change those out. It will only take me 10 minutes. Just let me know and thanks!

In that case I would do that if I were you.

I did not mean to offend everyone in the universe here, nor create confusion. I was asking a legitimate question about the paint colors. I won't derail the thread further by attempting to learn about this change so I can better my own costume and those I help. So we can all be friendly now and focus on Troy's most excellent EIB build. :)

Troy, you look spectacular and I am sorry I apparently created drama. 

Hi Ingrid 

It's probably best, as you are the Deputy Commanding officer of the FISD to not ask questions or try to enlighten yourself.

With your staff position credentials it does not serve well for you to be inquisitive.

L2stormtrooper

Edited by ircphoenix

You guys get a room.

Anyway, I was looking at my last photo again with the 1138 fix here in the thread. I shot that in a dash on the way out the door to work today. Looking at it again, it looks dark. I will post up a photo with proper lighting when I get home. It might be fine as is, but I'm more than happy to offer up whatever is required and thank you!

Everyone: If you have an issue with a staff member or have anything to say in an EIB thread that isn't either positive or directly related to the person's application please create a new thread for discussion. That includes the interpretation and contents of the TK CRLs. 

Troy,

I would have passed you with the "wrong" ab color. There is nothing in the CRL that dictates which particular shade of blue you should use. Not passing someone with the wrong shade of blue on their ab buttons is way too nitpicky and goes against the spirit of the EIB program. It is coming clear to me that there are solid reasons why people call FISD folks elitists. More importantly the Billagram featured in the FISD tutorial we have on our website still lists midnight blue as a viable option. 

You've got a nice looking TK and you should be proud of it. You're approved.

Centurion Suggestions

• Honestly I can't tell what color your ab buttons are right now. It's really really hard to tell in the photographs. If they really are the right color maybe you can take the can and spill a little on some ABS and photograph your ab plate, the can, and the smudge. Worst case I'll send you my can of Humbrol french blue if you PM me your mailing address here or on Suckbook. 
  • I suggest moving the cap rivet on your knee pack up into the corner of the belt and scooting the whole knee back down a bit. Here are some reference shots to see what I mean: 
  • If you have your knee pack off the thigh you might want to trim a little bit off the top and bottom closer to the boxes. It's a minor thing but would improve the look (Thanks Mathias) 

Congrats trooper. Now go help the rest of your EP!C nerds apply for EIB. 

-Eric