Which Armor From This Selection?

Meerkat Trooper

Hi

Not posted much but am a keen Star Wars fan, currently saving for a first class suit.

However,

I have a colleague looking to buy, he is not looking too troop, just the odd fancy dress and Halloween. From these suits he has seen could you kindly rate them as value and most authentic etc.....I don't know that much myself, so your expertise would be appreciated.

If you disregard possible costs at the end, which would you say are the best for closest to authenticity and value.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291009323272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121202790415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310786765585?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

He will definitely purchase one, but I would rather guide him as best I can..

Thanks in advance.

First one was bad, second one was worse and third one was horrible :)

Try this one
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Edited by Blandsaft

no, no, no, stay  away from e-bay.

Actually what Patrick meant to say was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of my favorite lines in the 3rd "suit" description:

This suit has been used and worn so it has some battle scars and scuffs, but to be honest I just think that adds to the authenticity as an unmarked mirror shiny one would just look fake. 

This costume looks the absolute business when on, and all the pieces are there including the rare neck seal.

There really is nothing like turning up to a party in a genuine Storm Trooper costume as the compliments are endless (and the girls secretly love it ;-)  When I bought it, the guy told me he was unsure as to whether it was actually prop, but that it was cast from the original moulds. 

The boots which came with the suit were a little too heavy, to be fair I wore my golf shoes which looked fine. <-------- :laugh1: 

He said it's just for dress up... some of you guys take this ish way too seriously. Before jumping on the no-ebay train how about being helpful and simply answering the question at hand.

I thought that was what we were doing.  For some of these prices his friend COULD get some good armor.

But if it will make you feel better.......

Please tell your friend to look around here first to see if he can find something that he might like a little better for the cost before buying from those ebay auctions.

That's what i'm talkin bout! :) the last 2 look like crap though

For strictly Halloween, yeah...  I'm with Dizzy here. 

I'm just going to throw this out there, too.  That first auction says that it has a RomFX in it.  If that is true, that alone is close to half of the cost of the auction, as it will cost about $350 for that when you convert British pounds to USD and they are manufactured inconsistently (for time - not quality) at best.  That is of course, assuming that it does have an actual RomFX in it.  (Edit:  Looking closely at the pics, it does indeed appear to be an actual RomFX board in the listing - with speakers in the Hovi Tips - nice audio setup, if nothing else.)

I might kill someone for a RomFX.  :D  (it would, of course, be some rebel scum ;) )

Also, yes...  Your friend could get a much more accurate armor for that much or less if he looked around here.  :D

Edited by Dark CMF

Cheer for all the feedbac, can I ask why the second suit is so bad?

The seller seems to know his stuff from the description, about where the parts come from, it having been painted etc

Parts from USA and Australia.... I am not that we'll informed but trying to learn, so why the second one is so bad would help me a well?

Thanks again.

The armor is the same in all 3, all recast outdated fx. the first one has a helmet that is derived from the movies, the second helmet is just weird looking in the eyes. Through time you'll develop the keen eyes the rest of us have and be able to see it to. The third listing has a helmet that came with that armor, it's huge and hugely inaccurate. The chests on all 3 are big as well as they were made for people over 6 foot tall.

Hi

Not posted much but am a keen Star Wars fan, currently saving for a first class suit.

However,

I have a colleague looking to buy, he is not looking too troop, just the odd fancy dress and Halloween. From these suits he has seen could you kindly rate them as value and most authentic etc.....I don't know that much myself, so your expertise would be appreciated.

If you disregard possible costs at the end, which would you say are the best for closest to authenticity and value.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291009323272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121202790415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310786765585?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

He will definitely purchase one, but I would rather guide him as best I can..

Thanks in advance.

each suit you list is in the UK and all want pickup.

the first and 3rd suits describe damage

just because a suit is painted does not make it screen style the 6 Hero suits were not painted. e.g. luke and han suits.

I would not purchase any of these suits because of the design being wrong, damage, and just plain old waste of money.

there are actually better suits available on the UK ebay listings.

stay away from the large chestplate design you see in these suits.  we all know that those are wrong.

Don't waste your money on a bad costume.  spend a little more time and research around here in the getting started section.

Your friend is pretty impatient.

In Germany we have saying: "Buy cheap and you will buy 2 times"

Search for RS Propmasters on google or contact Troopermaster here on FISD. Those are quality vendors.Buying one of these ebay listings is just silly or ignorant imho.

Thanks.

As I said it's not for me, my friend will buy one either way. I just want him to at least get the bestvalue for his money. We are oobviously in the UK, so if there are other suits for sale please direct me to them.

He will purchase today as he not prepared to wait.

That's a bummer that he can't wait. Otherwise, you the top 3 armour makers in the world, right there in the UK. All you need is to talk to either RS, TM or CFO depending on your preference. All of them can offer assembled suits as well if you don't want to build it yourself and save a little cash.

actually I'm located in america, so searching the UK site most likely is your own work you'll have to do.

I personally don't like EBAY because the people selling armor on that site are not approved here.

so it goes against our grain here to point out ebay auctions.

impatience can lead to failure.