Mobile, Alabama Make-A-Wish Troop at Buffalo Wild Wings

Dark PWF

Obviously, as I don't have armor yet I wasn't trooping, but Saturday was my first 501st event and it was really a very rewarding and exciting experience for me.

I acted as a photographer and a handler for some outside movements, and got to learn about some of the difficulties that you might have dependent upon the fit of your armor.  I got to see, and handle some armor first-hand which was quite a nice thing, but mostly I got to see how people react and light-up when they see the 501st in action.  I got to see how you can interact with children of different ages to help them open up and accept the big scary TK or SL as someone that is friendly.  As personal experiences go, it was - as I said - very rewarding and only further cemented my already rock solid commitment to becoming a member of the 501st.

My thanks to the Alabama Garrison leadership and members for asking some recruits to come along.  Here are some pics:

IMG_9851_zps4aa2ba96.thumb.jpg.dd915908215dac0a63e2d978f01568d5.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

It's all good Kevin.  I would have truly appreciated meeting you, but I did have a great time.  More stoked than ever to receive my armor now.  LoL...  Matt was a boss as Vader, too.  Definitely a great experience to break-in with.