Question About ANH Bubble Lenses

Hello again.

Today, I've been searching for bubble lenses to be fitted into an ATA bucket, but all I could come up with are ----------- I was just wondering if these would work or be acceptable at all. I realize that they'll definitely be harder to see out of, but I'd really like to have utmost realism when it comes to my suit. I've searched to see which color is correct for the ANH Hero but there seems to be arguments over which is correct. The CRL says either color can be used, but again, I'd like to go for realism. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

You will have to either fill or heat and push out the extra teeth, I have done this to my ATA bucket and it has worked out great, build is here

Tehya,

Just wanted to say that it looks like you're taking the sensible and practical approach.  Choose a topic and do your research.  Then, choose another topic.  You keep that up, and you'll be fine.  ;)

Take a look at Glen's link above.  He does (in my humble opinion) some very good work, and the link he sent is a great example of getting the Hero helmet done right. 

Slow and steady....

Edited by Dark CMF

You will have to either fill or heat and push out the extra teeth, I have done this to my ATA bucket and it has worked out great, build is here

That was going to be my next question about the ATA! Thank you, sir. I have plenty of time and patience, so I should be able to use your build to figure it out!

Tehya,

Just wanted to say that it looks like you're taking the sensible and practical approach.  Choose a topic and do your research.  Then, choose another topic.  You keep that up, and you'll be fine.  ;)

Take a look at Glen's link above.  He does (in my humble opinion) some very good work, and the link he sent is a great example of getting the Hero helmet done right. 

Slow and steady....

Thank you! I agree.

• 1 year later...

I've the lenses you linked, I couldn'd find anything else. They look great, BUT they are distored looking out and it does make it difficult. I've just got a 2nd bucket so that I can have a ANH Hero accurate helmet and a 'almost except for the lenses so I can see when in a challenging environment' helmet