post-17395-0-65885000-1383531016_thumb.jpg

Helmet Details | Front

post-17395-0-97259000-1383531454_thumb.jpg

Helmet Details | Left Side

post-17395-0-00522000-1383531500_thumb.jpg

Helmet Details | Right Side

post-17395-0-93532100-1383531540_thumb.jpg

Kyle,

I don't really have anything to say. You're approved. 

Centurion Suggestions

• This is a totally stupid one... but I suggest removing the paint from the two snaps in the cod. 
  • If possible tighten up the strapping between the parts on your back.
  • Your thighs should come up to get away from your shins and reduce black space. I would normally say raise the ab (my answer to everything) but if you've got the screen accurate strapping your ab plate won't be able to come up much. Can you hork up on whatever is holding your thighs up?

Let me know if you have any questions. 

-Eric

Helmet Details | Back

IMG_2726.jpg

Helmet Details | Hovi Tip Details

IMG_2722.jpg

Helmet Details | Lens Color

IMG_2727.jpg

Blaster Details | Left

IMG_2695.jpg

Blaster Details | Right

IMG_2692.jpg

Blaster Details | D-Ring

IMG_2697.jpg

Accessory Details | Neck Seal

IMG_2706.jpg

Accessory Details | Thermal Detonator - Back

IMG_2699.jpg

Accessory Details | Holster Attachment

IMG_2703.jpg

Congrats on the EIB! Anyone please let me know if I'm out of line here for mentioning a couple things...Vern said looks and fits perfect..I see the ab plate and kidney plate not having tight and even gaps and lined up edges on the top area and the r.side snap detail is too far in...that's not perfect. I was under the impression that could be commented on to adjust so things aren't all out of whack. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the new way of granting EIB and Centurion awards but I remember being scrutinized for certain things when applying also and having to be told to fix it before being granted in. Not trying to be an a*hole here but when things don't look even and aligned right I don't think it looks good and should be mentioned.

The alignment of the kidney plate sidegaps and belt line is screen accurate.

everything does not always line up on the horizontal.  in screen used armor there is a

slight "sway back" to the whole picture.

Congrats on the EIB! Anyone please let me know if I'm out of line here for mentioning a couple things...Vern said looks and fits perfect..I see the ab plate and kidney plate not having tight and even gaps and lined up edges on the top area and the r.side snap detail is too far in...that's not perfect. I was under the impression that could be commented on to adjust so things aren't all out of whack. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the new way of granting EIB and Centurion awards but I remember being scrutinized for certain things when applying also and having to be told to fix it before being granted in. Not trying to be an a*hole here but when things don't look even and aligned right I don't think it looks good and should be mentioned.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Yo Charlie. I did mention in my comments that his strapping needs to be tightened up all along his back parts. I also think his thighs need to come up. These seem like minor things to me for EIB but I expect them to be corrected for Centurion. 

Thank you!

I did not even get the chance to post the additional required photos.

I will work Centurion suggestions.

Oops. That's funny.... or not considering I was the one who updated the photo requirements for EIB applications.

-Eric

Congrats on your EIB.

One thing I'm not quite getting is your holster strap that locks the weapon in. It looks like it is affixed wrong. The snap facing out makes it look backward. The leather looks reversed as well.

In your full body shots it's not connected either which makes me think something is not quite right.

I think it would be nice to have this tidied up for Centurion.

I don't think it was out of turn to mention the poor fit of the AB and Kidney plates.

This has been cleared before meeting EIB CRL criteria, especially on the right hand side (see below)

Abdomen Plate

For 501st approval:

For level two certification (EIB):

Any gap between the ab and kidney plate shall be no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide. Any shims used to achieve this effect should be of a similar material and color as the ab and kidney plate. Shims shall fit flush and seams are allowed.

It may be all well to bring in a new clearance procedure, and to give praise before passing negative comments, but what is the point of having a CRL and following one if clearance is not compared to it?

Strapping is indeed an easy fix and therefore I believe that it should have been corrected before passing this one.

To clear unfinished work is frankly an insult to previous EIB applicants who have to put the required effort in.

We don't want the FISD standards to slip, slide and change every time the DO changes.

Phil/Stefan: You're right. I should have asked this trooper to show his side strapping tightened up to reduce the gap before approving. I made a mistake. 

Kyle: I'm not going to take away your EIB because of my own error. However I do ask that you post photos of a reduced gap between the ab and kidney on both sides. 

-Eric

Man, I will be glad when all my old holsters are cycled though. It is amazing just how big I was making them last year.

Kyle, Send me a PM and I will send you a new strap.

Great job on the kit!

Edited by Darman

Man, I will be glad when all my old holsters are cycled though. It is amazing just how big I was making them last year.

Kyle, Send me a PM and I will send you a new strap.

Great jod on the kit!

PM Sent.

Thanks!

Phil/Stefan: You're right. I should have asked this trooper to show his side strapping tightened up to reduce the gap before approving. I made a mistake. 

Kyle: I'm not going to take away your EIB because of my own error. However I do ask that you post photos of a reduced gap between the ab and kidney on both sides. 

-Eric

Eric:

Understood and will do.

I am happy to address the concern and remain commited to meet the EIB standards as well as making my way to Centurion level in the near future.

Thank you for the advice and instruction.

-Kyle

Eric:

Understood and will do.

I am happy to address the concern and remain commited to meet the EIB standards as well as making my way to Centurion level in the near future.

Thank you for the advice and instruction.

-Kyle

Nicely done trooper. That's exactly the right attitude that makes me proud to be part of FISD.

-Eric