Striker

New Hasbro Kit Molds made.....

Just wanted to post some pictures of my updated Hasbro Kit.  These are all pressure cast in black polyurethane resin (Smooth Cast 326 w/black tint) These were obviously cleaned a little buy taking off the over pour and a little flashing to show the pictures but there really isn't much clean up to do.

11 Piece kit, I like to cast the Mag button/screw separate 

u2y0.jpg

i169.jpg

Thin seam line easily sanded and longer t-rails to trim to how you like them
3j6h.jpg

The scope end piece and tube cylinders are oblivious scratch builds. Scope part looks great on the hasbro. There is definitely more accurate cylinders on this site but this is what I have came up with for now and keeps the cost a little lower. I hope to build something more accurate in the future.
ryz7.jpg

doxm.jpg

4rx7.jpg

79uy.jpg

6f5w.jpg

gpap.jpg

The mold for this end piece actually allows for a more thicker part but I wanted to give an idea of how it looks
vktc.jpg

Next few pics are how the mag fits...thisis not glued...just a good fit. I have had this mag all all types of hasbros

4iix.jpg

04yu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
b4f0.jpg

Here is a very quick instructional document I made a while back for people that have never built a basic Hasbro mod. Keeping in mind the pictures in this document are of the older molds

I have been asked to modify my comments and I gladly do so here:

The apparent quality of these parts is excellent.  I'd like to see updated scope parts, and perhaps a better power cells sculpt.

most people know I don't like hasbro, but that's my little pill to take with some sugar.

I'm sure that anyone with the desire to help make their hasbro look better will do much better with these parts

than those offered by other vendors.

it's good to see an active FISD member producing such good modeling work!

I have a hasbro myself, and while I only use it to make holsters that fit, I'd consider purchasing this to

help make my holsters better for a hasbro wearing these parts.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Lol Vern I do pipe builds as well but I want to make this available for people that have no other option. I understand your stance on the Hasbro but it still is a great piece if you mod them right :P

Also I will be updating my Pipe build molds soon, and also casting my RO 72 if that if your gun of choice Skiff people :P

Not everyone has the time, money, or skills for a pipe build or a hyperfirm. Kits like this are great for someone looking for basic approval who doesn't care about going Centurion.

hey guys... I really like the quality of these parts... that's not the issue with me.

it's just if you're going to do a TK then perhaps you should

have striker, or one of our blaster builders make you up a kit!

:smiley-sw013:

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I have both a full doopy and hasbro doopy. I prefer trooping with my hasbro. It makes noise and I don't care if it gets dropped or broken.

-Eric

I'm agree with Eric on this one. I have a full Doopy for serious stuff but my trooping blaster is the hasbro. I don't care how many kids hold it for pictures etc.

I was at my 2nd troop and can still hear the sound of someone dropping their full Doopy kit on the floor. I felt so bad for the guy. He picked up 100 little parts and put them in his bucket and went home. After that, my doopy stays home and the Hasbro goes on my with troops :)

I have both and troop with both depending on the event logistics.

More kids and crowds = hasbro.

Less busy/higher profile = doopy.

Would love to afford a hyperfirm but just cannot justify it at this point.

Hmmmmm...  All of this is good stuff.

I'm ordering my DoopyDoo kit relatively soon, and have previously sworn to not touch a Hasbro, but I see the merit in having one for a troop where you will have a lot of kids and crowd that may wind up handling the blaster.

That will be an addition later-on though.  Well after I finish my quest for Centurion.  :D

Fyi to all, the resin I use for all my kits is the same as this one. These don't break on impact like the yellow stuff. This stuff is heavy duty and I have droped both pipe builds and hasbros with no shattering. The worse damage was that a part popped off and had to be reglued lol.

These parts look great. If I were doing another blaster right now, I would go with this.

I have a pipe build I keep for special occasions. But when I am out trooping with a bunch of kids around, I am not taking a chance of getting it destroyed. And I am fairly certain, the kids don't care what it looks like.

I like my modded Hasbro. I really don't care if it's perfect in others opinions or not. If you don't like it, don't troop with it.

Looks like a great option to the Doopy Kit that is so hard to get.

Love the detail, good job!

Is this an old thread? The kit is already product? The price for this to ship in Italy