Fans set up!

Hello Troops,

So yestersay was my 2nd official troops and my fans still don't want to stay stuck in my bucket. My first attemp was velcro, after the 2nd day of troop, they fell. Now yesterday, with heavy-duty double sided tape, they fell again. The last hour I had ine if my fan blowing air in my nose loll.

So before I go to the option of super-gluing the @$)*%{ out if it, maybe you guys can help me out.

Thanks,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I used industrial velcro with a single fan without issue for a time. Maybe try a heavier duty velcro? Is it maybe a heavier or larger fan that you're using?

I'm using the Echo fan system now in my AP and it is simply amazing.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24372-fs-helmet-fan-system-echos/?hl=%20echo%20%20fan

I used industrial velcro with a single fan without issue for a time. Maybe try a heavier duty velcro? Is it maybe a heavier or larger fan that you're using?

I'm using the Echo fan system now in my AP and it is simply amazing.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24372-fs-helmet-fan-system-echos/?hl=%20echo%20%20fan

That's what my first velcro was.

I might have to co sider Echo's kit. But the shipping in Canada must be the same price as the kit loll.

Thanks for your input.

I use velcro as well in my bucket...

Got me a set of fans from EvilBoy and they are placed with velcro, the good thing about velcro is that if you find the fans not

doing there jobs you just simple adjust them to better position, with glue they stay on target all the time. 

so if ya ask me, try get a better velcro and stay with it :)

Got me a set of fans from EvilBoy

That's what I had until my velcro let go at the Montreal Comic Con and broke my wire...

I'll see all my options. I've PMed Echo too.

Thanks everyone!

I hot-glued my fan in. What's nice about that is that if you want to remove the hot glue later you can just aim a hair dryer at it to heat it up so that it will come off easily.

I was scared that the glue would damage my bucket.

It will if it's on a high setting, might warp a little with thin hips buckets. There are hot glue guns with low temp settings. For permanent applications, 2 part general epoxy works without heating up. That's how I did my lenses and screen. For the foam liner I just used a bit of e6000 and had no problems. I'd suggest just get a better adhesive backed Velcro.

It will if it's on a high setting, might warp a little with thin hips buckets. There are hot glue guns with low temp settings. For permanent applications, 2 part general epoxy works without heating up. That's how I did my lenses and screen. For the foam liner I just used a bit of e6000 and had no problems. I'd suggest just get a better adhesive backed Velcro.

I saw that Home-Depot sells Extreme Velcro. I will be buying this later today.

• 4 weeks later...

I cut 4 small squares of foam about the size of the thin sinlge lego.  I use silicone and glue them to the 4 corners of the fan.  When dried, I silicone them into the bucket where I want.  Low to no vibration and never somes off.  What I do.

Edited by TopCop28

• 1 month later...

Your best bet would be to use some epoxy resin. I used some on my sand trooper helmet and it worked great. The stuff  i used became quiet hot when you mix it and after about 10 minutes it doesn't even budge. A more expensive option and a little over the top would be thread locking adhesives. They use these when securing heavy metal bolts for industrial use. There is a brand here in Australia that panel beaters use to stick the plastic on cars back together. My guess is if it can hold 250kg's on its own and withstand 150 degrees Celsius then it should work for this.

I use velcro as well in my bucket...

Got me a set of fans from EvilBoy and they are placed with velcro, the good thing about velcro is that if you find the fans not

doing there jobs you just simple adjust them to better position, with glue they stay on target all the time. 

so if ya ask me, try get a better velcro and stay with it :)

i would try at first with velcro, then (after found the best position) with glue e6000

• 1 month later...

Using industrial velcro should do the trick. Nevertheless I'm going to make a slimmer version now and I will use thinner lighter fans for my bucket, I'm using Echo's and a wireless transmitter on the back of my head, that is to tight for my head to fit inside.