For the New Troopers
Tip of the Month
Merchandise
Troop of the Month
Off Topic

gallery_14191_42_1235.png

gallery_14191_42_27023.png

Aloha kakou,

There was great hope that I would be able to announce a few TK CRL changes with this newsletter. Alas, they are still being reviewed by the LMO team. I am proposing two small changes to EIB and a handful of updates to Centurion. Check out the voting we did last year in the detachment only section of the forums to get an idea of what will be changing. Once the CRL changes go into effect there will be a slight grace period for any applicants who are in the middle of a build while the edits are made. Please stand by and thanks for your patience.

I would like to ask an open question to the FISD membership. Why do you think Expert Infantry Badge (EIB) applications have flatlined this year? Feel free to send me a PM or an email with your response. 

On the subject of Expert Infantry, I would like to clear up some misconceptions about the purpose of the program. In spite of recent approval scuffles the EIB program is not meant to create the ultimate screen accurate stormtrooper. The intention is to create an easily achievable standard that is higher than the base requirements. The point is to get troopers looking their best in an accessible way. When the award was first created it pointed folks in a direction that rewarded troopers who take their older costume and give it a fresh more uniform look. These days most of our EIB applicants are new to the 501st and have likely purchased a more accurate costume. EIB helps new recruits look their best from the get-go with minimal effort and expense. These guidelines should be easy to achieve whether you want to upgrade your existing costume or showing off your new build. 

If you are applying for an EIB badge please allow our Deployment Officer (DO) the time to review and comment on your application. This is a volunteer position that comes under as much scrutiny as the the DO gives to applications. I urge everyone to be patient. The approval process is time consuming and includes a bunch of administrivia behind the scenes. When it comes to EIB review process the DO abides strictly by the CRL except when it comes to the fit of an applicant's armor. Fit is the only area where the DO may require changes that are not in the CRL. Other than that, the DO usually makes suggestions that will help the Centurion applications process. If for some reason you disagree with the DO or any part of the EIB process I suggest that you contact me directly. I am always available to help if you feel strongly about your application.

Keep your eye on the patch for sale thread. The blue FISD patches and beret flashes should be in my hands before the next newsletter is out.

As most of you know I am a huge fan of troop reports and related photos. Since the last newsletter SCtrooper (TK-4516) of the Southern California Garrison posted this frameworthy photo. Be sure to check out the FISD and MEPD joint ops coin in the swag section of this newsletter. 

gallery_14191_48_16053.jpg

For those of you on twitter please take a moment and follow the Sith Lord Detachment's new account: @501stSithLords

With Unquestioned Loyalty and Aloha....

Eric Brager
TK-9674 "Darth Aloha"
Detachment Leader

gallery_14191_42_21102.png

Current Tallies:

• Centurion Awards: 96
  • Expert Infantry Awards: 331
  • Fire Teams: 15
  • Attachés: 0 new
  • Twitter Followers: 1047
  • Facebook Followers: 2024

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Ingrid Moon
TK-6818 "LadyInWhite"
Executive Officer

For The New Troopers

RESEARCH, you can never do too much research, apart from the deciding to purchase armor this is the next most important step. Read, read and read again and when you think you know it all read it once more.

Look through the How To's and Tutorials , most of the Information you need for your build is there, If you can't find something in particular, then use the search button. This feature is one of your most valuable tools on the forum. Here are a few tips to increase your chance of finding the information you need on our forum.

Build threads can also be a great help, and most of the problems you may encounter have probably already been addressed and dealt with in one of these threads. If you want to be really sure you are heading in the right direction, then look at some of the EIB and Centurion threads, these people have gone the extra distance with their builds, and there is no reason you cannot as well.

If you still can't find what you are looking for then ask, there is always a friendly TK or two standing by to help.

If there is a wait time for your armor, you can still get ready for it's arrival, with all the extra's you will need, accessories, tools, elastic, snaps and so on.

Building armor is not as daunting as it first seems if you do the research.

Good luck on your TK journey

Glen Rhodes
TK-85421 "gmrhodes13" 

Imperial Attaché

gallery_14191_42_18856.png

HOWTO: Make a Magazine Clip Pin for your E-11

The aim of this HOWTO is to show, for those who like doing stuff with their hands one way to create a Magazine Clip Pin from scraps to upgrade your Doopydoo’s kit as the part is not provided in the kit.

First of all, there are several different versions of the magazine clip pin depending on which sterling version you’re looking at so there might be some differences between the one shown here and some original ones.

Materials needed:
-     ABS 2mm & 1mm thick
-     A sharp X-acto
-     A lighter
-     A Dremel or a drill
-     Some sandpaper
-     A nail with a 3-4mm diameter

For the full tutorial go HERE, and learn to make this:

gallery_14191_48_113602.jpg

Into this!
gallery_14191_48_55140.jpg

Germain 
"The5thHorseman"

gallery_14191_42_7527.png

FISD Challenge Coins are gone should be back in stock someday soon. We also expect FISD patches to be available again in the coming weeks. Please stand by and thank you for your patience.

The v2 FISD Expert Infantry Badge Gold Challenge Coin is still available. 

Only open to EIB who HAVE NOT YET bought a gold coin from this OR a previous run

Only one coin per EIB member (if you have one, you can't order a second)

Only 12 left so hurry
gallery_14191_48_53444.jpg

With great excitement the MEPD/FISD Joint Operations coin is now available: 
gallery_14191_48_69522.jpg

gallery_14191_42_24507.png

'Fiction meets reality' Episode VI-Event in the Technic Museum in Speyer/Germany

Technic Museum in Speyer/Germany. Over 100 501st members had a lot of fun with the visitors of the museum at a beautiful weather.

gallery_14191_48_31914.jpg

gallery_14191_48_43005.jpg

gallery_15432_42_5952.jpg

Stormtrooper Humor (just for fun)
Got a funny Stormtrooper picture?, post it here

Show your Star Wars Tattoo
Got a Star Wars inspired tattoo? post it here

Glen Rhodes
TK-85421 "gmrhodes13" 

Imperial Attaché

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
Now with "tip of the week" and other ongoing discussions. If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
To find out what the Emperor's dancers are up to at any given moment, follow FISD on Twitter!

Sam Kisselburg
TK-85254 "Kessel Run"
Public Relations Officer

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff.

End Transmission.

Great work:-)

A question to the tallies: are those total numbers?..or numbers for this year?:-)

Think you will find that was the total number up to October 1st :D

Okay...less than a hundred Centurions out of the 2000(+) TKs there are?..

Correct, remember that Centurion level only started back in 2011, yet EIB has been going a lot longer. Some older TK's would only have built their armor to basic or when it started to EIB, some do upgrade to Centurion but you will find most are new TK's who build straight to Centurion from the get go. Helps when they are guided by Imperial Attachés too ;)

Just checked on the 501st database and there are 2625 TK's out there

Edited by gmrhodes13

I greatly appreciate the monthly newsletter, team!

As one of the new-ish (not-yet-a) troopers, I feel that it helps tremendously, by putting some very useful information in our hands.  While the forums are here for us to read, the newsletter is an opportunity for different bits and pieces to be highlighted/spotlighted for awareness.  Great tool and great information.

Thanks for the extra time and work.

Correct, remember that Centurion level only started back in 2011, yet EIB has been going a lot longer. Some older TK's would only have built their armor to basic or when it started to EIB, some do upgrade to Centurion but you will find most are new TK's who build straight to Centurion from the get go. Helps when they are guided by Imperial Attachés too ;)

Just checked on the 501st database and there are 2625 TK's out there

Thanks Glen..:-).. Really appreciate your in depth explanation.....I was/am just puzzled that there are so few CEN and EIB...even if I take into consideration your explanation.....but of course it also comes down to money and time.......well we can just hope that more and more will join the " cohorts"..:-)

Thanks Glen..:-).. Really appreciate your in depth explanation.....I was/am just puzzled that there are so few CEN and EIB...even if I take into consideration your explanation.....but of course it also comes down to money and time.......well we can just hope that more and more will join the " cohorts"..:-)

Also if you take out the time and money, take into consideration the research involved on this forum, some things are hard to find, basic information that you think would be posted ie: tube stipe position was not on the forum when I made the mistake of applying mine too low, I learned the hard way but then posted the correct measurement as a how too. How many other measurements are hard too find? then you can understand the frustration some would consider not worth the extra work when applying to a higher level. Even TD distance to end caps posted in the CRL was mentioned in a build today that I posted, it was then commented as not screen accurate, there has to be a base line for those to follow and if it gets too hard some will just give up, you can't have CRL measurements in black and white then get told follow screen shots?. Sure it would be great to see more TK's at the higher level but without the support, posted information and encouragement then why should they really bother if they get their basic approval. Hope that has helped a perspective from just one who has taken the path :D

Also if you take out the time and money, take into consideration the research involved on this forum, some things are hard to find, basic information that you think would be posted ie: tube stipe position was not on the forum when I made the mistake of applying mine too low, I learned the hard way but then posted the correct measurement as a how too. How many other measurements are hard too find? then you can understand the frustration some would consider not worth the extra work when applying to a higher level. Even TD distance to end caps posted in the CRL was mentioned in a build today that I posted, it was then commented as not screen accurate, there has to be a base line for those to follow and if it gets too hard some will just give up, you can't have CRL measurements in black and white then get told follow screen shots?. Sure it would be great to see more TK's at the higher level but without the support, posted information and encouragement then why should they really bother if they get their basic approval. Hope that has helped a perspective from just one who has taken the path :D

That was as always, very informative Glen, cheers for that!.:-)...and it truly puts thing into perspective for me, who opted for the"easy" solution and had someone, build my armour for me........that being said I myself have also done a lot research, on most matters of this character/costume including armour building, to gain the knowledge of all areas, but, granted, primarily weapons and boots. The reason is that I want to able to be as SA as possible in all parts of my "costume", additionally be able to help other troopers/troopers in the making:-)..(matter of factly i have signed up for the attache program:-)... So I cannot identify with or understand for that matter those who will settle for just the minimum requirements (if time, money and patience is no constraint)..I accept it and respect it ofcourse....:-).

Edited by SorenM

Ohh nearly forgot Glen..cheers for promoting the "show your Star Wars tattoo" thread...wish more would share theirs, I am positive that there is lot of SW ink out there on those 2695 TKs:-)

The thousands of us who have built armor and documented it with great photos in a build thread........... at least hundreds of those can be converted to tutorials to help others. Don't think a tutorial has to be done a certain way or meet some criteria - if you are willing to donate your research, photos, and process, and others can replicate it, you have a tutorial on your hands like gold. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, let me know and I'll make it for you or help you with it.

Great letter!

I too must echo the problem with SA measurements being a tricky thing to nail down.

Would like to see a page where these are agreed upon and documented.

An "If you make it they will come" kind of page that might get your numbers up as well!

Again loving the newsletter!

Very cool to see this photo make it to the newsletter. I know you guys that keep this site going are very dedicated and WE really appreciate all your hard work. 

tk4516.

Oops. Sorry Nick. Fixed.

And yeah... I really dig that photo.

-Eric

As a relatively new recruit, and not-yet 501st member, I'm curious; is there a way to distribute the newsletter to the Garrisons, or does it already happen? 

I personally love the newsletter, it is really informative and has a lot of useful info in it.  It seems to me though, that the (active) TK community at FISD is not nearly the size of the entire TK community. 

With ongoing changes to the CRLs and new armor/prop vendors coming on the scene from time to time - not to mention the Troop of the Month, etc. it would be great to try to push this information out to the TK community at large to ensure that Legion-wide, the TKs are up to date with changes that are happening and the opportunities that still exist for them here at FISD.  Perhaps this would also lead to more EIB/Centurion submissions?  I don't know this for fact, obviously, but maybe since Centurion is only a couple of years old there are TKs out there who are simply unaware of it and have made upgrades to their armor but have not submitted for it out of ignorance?

If this already happens, then I'll happily talk to my Garrison Leader on Saturday at my first troop, to make sure that it gets posted.  If not, why not?

Just food for thought, perhaps.  Thanks again for all of the work that goes into the newsletter.  I understand that this is all volunteer work, so I realize that it is a labor of love.

Edited by Dark CMF