icomm

I think it is great...:-).....

I have seen romfx in action, it is more pricey, but it has a voice distortion effect that I personally would like to have......that is IMO the main difference......

I can only say that icomm is a high quality product!....:-)

I have both, the romfx is superior. it's also not that much more money if you get the "classic" model.

That said, the wait for a romfx can be...long. icomm, not so.

I believe that John is making a run in mid November so the waiting list for the romfx doesn't necessarily have to be so long.  ;)

I have the iComm and have used it many times over the last year and this year and have not had any problems. The romfx has more adjustments, so you can fine tune everything, I broke down and bought a romfx, hope to get it soon. If you decide on the romfx contact him soon, because he is finishing a run now. 

Yeah the message for the Rom/Fx mid November run is still up on the website, so I presume there are still spaces if you want to go down that route. I contacted him on the 14th and he replied on the 18th, I paid the same day. I was lucky with my timing as by all accounts you can be waiting 6 months for one, I've been pretty lucky with timing on a few things really, armour included, my luck ran out on the boots though  :lol:

My ICOMM just died. I loved it a lot up until then, but its dead now. It just stopped working at the end of a troop, and I thought it was just the battery in the AKER that needed recharging, but sadly no. I got it in Febuary 2012.

But if you like a simple setup that works well, I do indeed recommend the ICOMM setup.

I have a ROM/FX as well, wich I had lying around for a while, since it seemed a bit more complicated to install, compared to the ICOMM, and it do sound better and you have many configuration options in it.

But ROM/FX have a very long waiting list. Mine took 6 month to arrive.

ICOMM: Good sound, simple to install, quick shipping.

ROM/FX: Super sound, many options, not so simple to install and many loose wires, long waiting list.

Edited by Arnie_DK

My ICOMM just died. I loved it a lot up until then, but its dead now. It just stopped working at the end of a troop, and I thought it was just the battery in the AKER that needed recharging, but sadly no. I got it in Febuary 2012.

But if you like a simple setup that works well, I do indeed recommend the ICOMM setup.

I have a ROM/FX as well, wich I had lying around for a while, since it seemed a bit more complicated to install, compared to the ICOMM, and it do sound better and you have many configuration options in it.

But ROM/FX have a very long waiting list. Mine took 6 month to arrive.

ICOMM: Good sound, simple to install, quick shipping.

ROM/FX: Super sound, many options, not so simple to install and many loose wires, long waiting list.

There is a tiny battery inside the icomm that needs to be replaced every year or so, depends on how much you use it. You probably all ready know this but I wanted to make sure.

There is a tiny battery inside the icomm that needs to be replaced every year or so, depends on how much you use it. You probably all ready know this but I wanted to make sure.

Actually I didnt. Will try and look into this. Thanks :)