Height:   5'10"

Weight:  170 pounds

Boots:    TKboots

Canvas Belt: RS

Hand plates: RS vinyl

Electronics: Aker amp with iCOMM

Neck Seal: Lady Sews for Us

Holster: RS

Thank you for your consideration. I hope I have not left anything out. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

IMG_1217_zpsbadee6eb.jpg

IMG_1221_zps47ecd0c2.jpg

IMG_1224_zpsdc4bfebb.jpgIMG_1230_zpsa4e5c3ec.jpgIMG_1231_zps200c5602.jpgIMG_1227_zps8718317f.jpgIMG_1204_zps5e374b83.jpgIMG_1248_zps0968da5b.jpgIMG_1215_zps0a7d4e48.jpgIMG_1264_zps1a41a831.jpgIMG_1263_zps48c1a97b.jpgIMG_1261_zpse6d9a3e5.jpgIMG_1262_zpscff0c6a2.jpgIMG_1258_zps7a325282.jpgIMG_1251_zps19c83da7.jpgIMG_1252_zps3023784b.jpgIMG_1253_zps7b634375.jpgIMG_1255_zps5e61d0ae.jpgIMG_1254_zps62b0df1e.jpgIMG_1257_zps63a004ba.jpgIMG_1256_zpsa60cee94.jpg

IMG_1231_zps200c56021_zps4090bb59.jpgGermain brings up a good point and fixing this is really easy with just a little trimming. You are thin enough that if you removed this extra material, You would be stellar!!!! Did you order this pre-built by RS?? Not that that's a bad thing, I am just wondering why they paint the ab buttons so small?? I just saw it on another trooper this weekend.

Edited by gazmosis

Yes Steve. I did. I have been doing some trimming and primping the armor since I got it. I don't know why they paint the buttons so small, but I was thinking about enlarging them as well. I'll work on the trimming some more.

Thanks,

Ray

Raymond,

Damn you and everyone else who can fit into RS ;) It's hard not to look sharp in their stuff.

You've hit all the points in the CRL for sure. You've been the extra work in on your armor you easily show that its worth it. 

Here are my comments.... 

CRL Related

All CRL requirements met. 

Other

I agree with Phil that your ab buttons still need a little more paint. I know its not specifically in the CRL. If you touch them up again I'll grant you EIB the moment I see the updated photo. 

Here are some photos from the Lucasfilm archive gallery here on FISD:

med_gallery_12157_16_28564.jpg

med_gallery_12157_16_11210.jpg

med_gallery_12157_16_2210.jpg

Centurion Suggestions

• There are a few return edges that could use some trimming. I see you trimmed the sides of your torso a bit but I think it could use a little more. I don't think there should be much of a bend in the edges of the ab. The return edges on the sides of the chest plate look big too as well as the edges of your back plate. If you post photos of parts of your armor somewhere one of us can draw some dotted lines in photoshop or MS paint for you... or use your EIB application's photos. 

Here is a photo of the torso sides from the lucasfilm archive gallery that also features a smaller return edge on the sides of the chest plate:

gallery_12157_16_598.jpg

It's a tough thing to find a screen capture of. I looked and looked and couldn't find a good view of a stunt but here's Han's hero side closure (and a little bit of his chest's side return edge)from one of our screen capture galleries

med_gallery_12157_11_48996.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions about my comments about the ab buttons or return edges. 

-Eric

Phil,

I'm sorry, but I must have missed your post. I'm away from home right now until Saturday. I'll try to get a photo posted before that, but I don't think I will be able to.

Charlie,

I have seen the extended version of the E-11 magazine on the forums. I really don't know why there is a long and short version. My hyperfirm blaster has the shorter clip.

Eric,

I have been "damned" by Darth Aloha. My trooper life is now complete.  :)

Seriously though, look for a new photo this weekend and thank you for the input.

Ray

It's a tough thing to find a screen capture of. I looked and looked and couldn't find a good view of a stunt but here's Han's hero side closure (and a little bit of his chest's side return edge)from one of our screen capture galleries

med_gallery_12157_11_48996.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions about my comments about the ab buttons or return edges. 

-Eric

It's funny because i was looking for side shots too lately. Here's the best i could find (even though it's a Hero):

gallery_12157_38_1798.jpg

IMG_1316_zps03f3b713.jpgIMG_1317_zpsd33a424a.jpg2 new photos for my Ab buttons.

Hopefully this clears things up for EIB.

I'll work on my return edges soon to eventually try for centurion.

Thanks for your input and help.

Ray

Re: your AB buttons, you may need to view some screen caps for reference as I don't think you have nailed the right look there or ...

Have a look at TK6287's AB buttons, this is another EIB applicant running alongside yours.

Your AB buttons need to more like those.

Good luck trooper

Raymond, 

It has been a week of interesting ab button issues for sure. The CRLs aren't specific about the color or shape of the ab button but I think from reference material we can infer enough to call it for EIB. Expert Infantry is all about looking neat and tidy and uniform. 

Before I approve your application I suggest tidying up your ab buttons. If you take a toothpick with some paint thinner you should be able to make them more round. I'm not looking for perfect but they should be more circular and uniform in size. You may need to get the paint brush out again after cleaning them up. Take a look at the reference photos I posted in my previous comments.

I feel your paint pain. I'm the worst hand painter in the world. 

Thanks for your patience,

-Eric