search does not work

kiyotei

I've noticed this problem since my first day on the board. The search feature does not work. No matter what I search for, it always returns a single link to the same posting, no matter what I search for.

Steven,

I've already posted about this here:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=1849

For me, I have the same behavior .. altuhou, it seems to be more picky.

Right now, searching for "Armor" WILL get me over 1000 results, while searching for "TE" or "AP" won't return anything.

"Unfortunately your search didn't return any results.

Try broadening the search parameters by searching by different keywords or altering the format of your search.

Remember to use the wildcard '*' to increase the number of matches. Apple* will match 'apple' and 'apples'."

Right now, searching for "Armor" WILL get me over 1000 results, while searching for "TE" or "AP" won't return anything.

Most forum search engines have a 3 letter minimum. It's not ideal but it is what it is.

I've noticed this problem since my first day on the board. The search feature does not work. No matter what I search for, it always returns a single link to the same posting, no matter what I search for.

For some reason, the search engine always returns the single post: the fourth post from the topic 'Our sandy brothers kicking some butt!' from the 'Field Training Exercises Form'. It is at the bottom of every search, and is sometimes the only search result.

If you click on the "click for menu" tab at the top of the page, in the drop down there is a search button. That takes you to the super secret advanced search page. It's called the super secret advanced search page because I only discovered it tonight and I've been around here for 16 months.

• 1 year later...

I knew this was discussed a while back so I thought I would stir it up again. I still get the "kicking butt" thread on all my searches and I've been doing alot of searching lately. I guess nobody ever figured out why?

• 3 months later...

This is what I get when I click the regular search button...at the top of the main page or at the bottom..

A white screen with...

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

The super secret search button worked, tho.

• 2 months later...

search returns no results many many times.

firefox with everything cleared out.

if I search for a username I get no results.

I searched for the term "my hero" and got no results.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

this is a common problem for a lot of forums.. but there is an easy fix. i use google advanced search, just type whitearmor.net into the "Search within a site or domain"box

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

search1.jpg

search2.jpg

this is what do anyway :D it gets much better results imho, you can also use the exact phrase box to search for genral topics like just ATA,TM,AP ect...

Edited by dashrazor