Trooperbay has boots?

• 1 month later...

Well....I am very sorry to let my brothers and sisters down, but....I have bad news. After going back and forth with the manufacturer,Ā  looks like they cannot make the boots to meet the requirements for EIB, or Centurion. They cannot make the boots without the seam. I tried to convince them that they will be missing an opportunity here.....but they seem to think that there just isnt enough demand to warrant getting the machinery needed to make these boots properly. I have exhausted my efforts with them and so...for now looks like we will just have the boot that they have been selling all along. I am still looking though. I will find someone eventually. Just dont hold yer breath, lol...could be aĀ  while. Again, I am very sorry. :(

Well....I am very sorry to let my brothers and sisters down, but....I have bad news. After going back and forth with the manufacturer,Ā  looks like they cannot make the boots to meet the requirements for EIB, or Centurion. They cannot make the boots without the seam. I tried to convince them that they will be missing an opportunity here.....but they seem to think that there just isnt enough demand to warrant getting the machinery needed to make these boots properly. I have exhausted my efforts with them and so...for now looks like we will just have the boot that they have been selling all along. I am still looking though. I will find someone eventually. Just dont hold yer breath, lol...could be aĀ  while. Again, I am very sorry. :(

Total bummer, looks like ill be doing some painting....

there is a manufacturer of clone boots who has been interested in getting into the accuracy market for TK style boots

he started a thread about boots and we went back and forth with him a few times in manufacture.h u

Ā 

I'll dig up the thread.

Man, got all excited reading this thread from the beginning! Feel so bamboozled!

Ā 

It seems a lot of folks like the CA for comfort - is there a specific type of Chelsea boot brand that's more comfortable than others (and paintable)? Ā 

Ā 

I'm pretty partial to the comfort of Sketchers... not that I have any health issues or anything, but I'm the type of guy who buys new cleats every 3 months just for flag footballĀ  :laugh1:

The most comfortable boots I ever wore were the Cheng boots that were available back in the day.Ā  Did 5 miles at the Rose Parade in them with zero issues.Ā  Ahhh...the good old days!

there is a manufacturer of clone boots who has been interested in getting into the accuracy market for TK style boots

he started a thread about boots and we went back and forth with him a few times in manufacture.h u

Ā 

I'll dig up the thread.

Ā 

Ā 

Are you Talking about Gio, On Clone Trooper Detachment, I Think His user name is Crow62. His boots are nice, but i think his wait list is pretty far out. If this is the same fella you are referring to Vern.Ā 

Ā 

It would be nice to have a supplier, i need a set pretty bad. Fingers Crossed... :jc_doublethumbup:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20290-tk-crowboots-making-of-the-new-project-from-crow62-ct6244/

Ā 

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 6 months later...

My boots are from Trooperbay, I got them before the boots were removed from Trooperbay. I'm making a ROTJ TK Death Star clean just for standard approval. Would my boots pass for standard approval?