Trooperbay has boots?

I just saw this as well. Would love to know if they'll pass for Centurion. I need to replace my CA boots...

These actually look like CA boots, these trooperbay boots will not pass for centurion because of the extra stitching sadly. 

Damn.  I was slightly excited for a second there - based on the back log at TKboots.

Luckily, my armor won't be ready until next spring/summer so I don't need to splurge on boots that are nearly twice as much $ and not Centurion certifiable.

Patience is a virtue.  I guess.  If you want to be a jedi or something...    :6: 

Honestly, stitching issue with centurion aside, I just think they are way too expensive, and from looking closely at the pic and the edges, they don't look that greatly put together. There are definitely boots out there that you can tell are better quality just by looking at photos.

These are no longer Legion acceptable. They look like Caboots which were back in the day, but no longer are now. Surprised that Mike hasn't swapped suppliers. TKBoots are the most accurate generally available turn-key and are cheaper than Caboots.

These are no longer Legion acceptable. They look like Caboots which were back in the day, but no longer are now. Surprised that Mike hasn't swapped suppliers. TKBoots are the most accurate generally available turn-key and are cheaper than Caboots.

not even legion accepted?

not even legion accepted?

Nope, not for some years. They were written out of the CRL when I was DL, and that was what - 2 years ago? This is very old news, or should be. Else, a good topic for the FISD newsletter.

Hey guys. I was unaware that caboots were not even legion acceptable!! Seriously? I know that FISD has ruled them unworthy, but the entire legion??? Wow...All because of that little seam.... I have tried to work with TKboots but I cant even get a reply to my emails. SO.....I contacted Joey over at Caboots and have made arrangements with him to carry his complete line up. I am working with him to redesign the Stormtrooper boot completely. We should have an entirely NEW boot to reveal in November! :) I am also trying to get  him to drop the price point if possible. Caboots are made in small batches so he has a hard time competing with China made TKboots. STAND BY!!!!

Paul: Do you have a link to that CRL that specifically says that caboots are not acceptable?

Edited by MTK

Actually you are wrong Paul.....I went back and looked at the 501st CRL just now and here is the official 501st requirements:

Boots
For 501st approval:
White leather or leather-like, above ankle height, with a flat sole with a short heel, and small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle with no buckles or laces. Jodhpur/Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable. Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.

It later goes on to read:

For level three certification (if applicable):  (This would be for Centurion level)

• There shall be no seam on the front of the boot (e.g. CABoots are not allowed).

"The 501st approval requirements are listed in black.

FISD Defines two additional, optional levels of costuming excellence: Expert Infantryman and Centurion. In the page below, requirements for Expert Infantryman are listed in blue. Centurion requirements are in red. Please visit the FISD web site for a full description of these standards."

CABoots are not elvis boots (zipper) or Mariachi (weird pattern down the top of the foot)......No matter what...The Caboots Stormtrooper boot is going to be AWESOME in November!

Edited by MTK

Well Mike, you're right on 2 counts:

1. I was wrong. I haven't seen a trooper sport Caboots in so long that I had mistakenly thought we'd pushed that detail down to base CRL. Apologies!

2. I'm quite confident that the new Caboots will be everything you promise.

Bonus:

3. The real winners will be 501st troopers, as they'll have 2 good sources for accurate boots. :)

1. I was wrong. I haven't seen a trooper sport Caboots in so long that I had mistakenly thought we'd pushed that detail down to base CRL. Apologies!

Bonus:

3. The real winners will be 501st troopers, as they'll have 2 good sources for accurate boots. :)

Edited by SorenM

Agreed - I should have said for an out of the box solution.

FWIW, my boots are painted too, though alas I don't have the perfect ones :(

Bonus:

This right here... 

That's the bottom line!  (With Soren's addition, of course)

More suppliers of quality boots makes for a much happier base of troopers, as they'll be more readily available.  In the end, we all win.  :)

Edited by Dark CMF

Agreed - I should have said for an out of the box solution.FWIW, my boots are painted too, though alas I don't have the perfect ones :(

Not many have the perfect ones I believe......(but I for one am looking constantly) :-)

Edited by SorenM

Bonus:

Thanks for clarifying this.  I thought it was still OK for basic approval.

On the 501st site, they are still ok up to EIB

Boots

For 501st approval:

White leather or leather-like, above ankle height, with a flat sole with a short heel, and small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle with no buckles or laces. Jodhpur/Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable. Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.

For level two certification (if applicable):

For level three certification (if applicable):

There shall be no seam on the front of the boot (e.g. CABoots are not allowed).

Boots shall be lightly scuffed.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

hopefully the new CA boots will be up there with the same standards as TK boots.

I have both CA boots and TK boots.  I use my CA boots for informal casual events where I have to walk a lot,

and I use TK boots for formal events where accuracy is more important.

looking forward to watching this develop!