Sign in to follow this  
JadeSky

Howdy!

Hi!

I am from Texas, but currently I am in Idaho for school - so I bounce back and forth. I am still in the research and gathering funds phase of my TK. I'm currently looking for armor so I know what to aim for in savings.

Any help would be AMAZING! as I have no idea what I am doing.

I'm a woman so I also need to look into possibly getting a smaller set than usual?

Welcome Jacqui, to FISD!!

Currently, I'm much like you - I don't have armor yet.  In the meantime, you should check out this link and the posts in it.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/  They will help you figure out all of the different things that you really need to know before you plunge into the dark world of white armor!

Good thing is that you found FISD before you found "an awesome deal on ebay!"

You'll be alright.  Read up and ask the unanswered questions!!

Edited by Dark CMF

Welcome, Jacqui! Lady troopers abound! 

All troopers have to tweak their armor to fit their unique bodies, so it all depends on your size/shape. I'm 5'11" so there's almost no difference in terms of "girl fit" though my thighs are proportionately different and that was a major challenge (but it is for most guys, too).

As you go, if you have any lady-specific questions, you can ask just about any of us and we're happy to share and help.

Howdy, Jacqui!

Let us know when you are back in Texas and need any help putting your armor together!  Star Garrison is here for you!

In the meantime, you've got a wonderful wealth of knowledge here at FISD.  Many women before you have put some fantastic tutorials together on how to help the armor fit better.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/18243-howto-modifying-armor-for-women/ 

Check out the forums and see what kit would be best for you.  AP or ATA are excellent kits, if you have a smaller or mid-size frame.  There are decent wait-list times for those, but you'll see some pop up on the For Sale forums, and it also gives you plenty of time to research the assembly methods!  That and save up for all of the peripheral pieces (boots, belt, blaster, bucket...)

And as always, don't be afraid to ask questions!  That's what we're here for! 

Edited by ZacMuleer