MTK Stormtrooper Sandtrooper Armor Star Wars Costume Prop

Haribon72

Hello...anyone had feeback with Trooperbay - MTK Stormtrooper Sandtrooper Armor Star Wars Costume Prop?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MTK-Stormtrooper-Sandtrooper-Armor-Star-Wars-Costume-Prop-Legion-A-New-Hope-NEW-/231073684967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cd109de7

Huh...didn't know he sold on eBay till now. He's got a good reputation here and I've bought a few things from his website. Remember that 99.9% of Stormtrooper armor on eBay is bad? Well this listing has got to be the .01% that's a safe bet.

tk4510helmetbuild43.jpgI have built both MTK helmets AND MTK armor. Both are great to work with. MTK has done a few tweeks to his armor to make things fit better,  it butt join assembles and looks great when done.  He also has a few other TK based things available so I hear ;)

Edited by gazmosis

I recently purchased that MTK armor set and am now in the process of building it for my sister.  So far so good... It's a great kit.   :jc_doublethumbup:     

I recently purchased that MTK armor set and am now in the process of building it for my sister.  So far so good... It's a great kit.   :jc_doublethumbup:     

This is great feedback everyone!  Too bad i cant fit in their kits.  I'm on the waitlist with RT-Mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like the waiting list for me will put me out of the hunt for Dragon*Con - sounds like this is pretty good feedback, so should I pull the trigger on MTK's kit?  I'm 6'0 170#.

Like many I've dipped in the trooperbay website numerous times, but only once have bought armor (a helmet). My experience at least was positive - good quality, on time, and looked great.

• 4 weeks later...

Just received my set today and so far everything looks great. MTK is great to work with, fast turn around.(two and half weeks) and like anything vacuumed formed, the thickness of the armor varies from part to part but thus far nothing too thin or appears to be weak. Like others stated above, butt joined with cover strips for accuracy.

Details are sharp for the most part.

I look forward to putting my first set of armor together over the next several months worth of weekends.

I wanted to chime in here, I bought one of his ebay auction kits.  Its a spectacular kit!  I have also made a few purchases from his site trooperbay, which arrived super fast!  He has always responded very quickly regarding any orders!  MTK is great!!!!

I received my kit from MTK as well.  It looks great, and all the extras Mike throws in are fantastic - they'll really help the build run smoothly.  Thanks for your patience with my tracking hiccups, MTK!

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been looking at buying his kit . I have bought stuff from him before. Great stuff and fast shipping .My only question is . I'm 6"4 is this armor to small for me ? Or can I over cut it to fit me ?

Hm, 6´4´´, so round about 1,94m. is pretty tall. I would say, that it is possible, but it´s up to you if it satisfies you.

Here a link of a 6´1´´ build of ATA armor (comparable in size to MTK): http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25286-fitting-problems-ata/?hl=%2Bata+%2Btall

Here an EIB applicatio  of a 6´2´´ Trooper: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23808-tk-62280-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-ata319/?hl=%2Bata+%2Btall#entry303807

Another of a 6´3´´ Trooper: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21040-tk-5733-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status255ata/

Remember that the screen-used suits were made for skinny british actors from 5´9´´ to 5´10´´ (1,75-1,78m).

MTK is a second/third/fourth (actually I don´t really know) cast of RotJ armor (which is again casted from ANH armor), so is propably slightly smaller than the original armor.....

It is your decision, mostly everything can be made wearable, but for your case.... I´ve heard that TM does some fine enlarged thighs, that would suit your height well. Maybe contact him ;-)

• 1 month later...