Did "Star Wars Rebels" just bring back the FX helmet?

I don't think the new Rebels stormtrooper is THAT dissimilar to a certain trooping legion's logo.... With that said, they could have done better in my estimation.

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I get that they are using the Maquarrie concepts for many of the designs that will be included, but I am yet to see anything either original or true to the likeness it's supossed to represent. So far we've previewed concept TKs, concept spaceships, and bad guy who looks like Tion Medon Cosplaying Darth Bane. I hope the actual "Rebel" characters are a bit more interesting.

First thing I thought when I saw the SWR Tks "at least now all those folks with FX lids can say they are SWR Tks..."

Sad but true. Next time I see Filoni...geez. What an epic FAIL!

I get that they are using the Maquarrie concepts for many of the designs that will be included, but I am yet to see anything either original or true to the likeness it's supossed to represent. So far we've previewed concept TKs, concept spaceships, and bad guy who looks like Tion Medon Cosplaying Darth Bane. I hope the actual "Rebel" characters are a bit more interesting.

Saw at a disney screening, that one of the main Characters will be based on the RMQ Chewie.

But that dont change the fact that I hate the new TK's!!!

I really wished they had put a little extra care on these characters.  Specially when they know how they are loved.

I did a small mod to their helmet.  White area above the eyes and fixed the mouth for that wavy smile.

10383345513_a6e6e81666_o.jpg

Hmm. A cartoon that is not life like looking different from live action movie stormtroopers. And some of you are whining about it? All the movies are different too. The thing is gentlemen, keeping the spirit of the TK alive is more important. They look like stormies to me. And these TKs will introduce them to a whole new generation. Fans of all ages will now know what we are. Instead of just being robots or ninjas or something else entirely. No one but us can see the SUBTLE differences. Maybe someone will do an animated TK. Just like the animated clones.

My point is, don't get your under armor in a bunch. Every movie was different. Each movie had a difference in the TK. Why get upset about a cartoon? Stop nerd raging and let's be happy the legacy of the TK will continue on.