TK-6682 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [RS*] [98]

TK6682

Congrats, Michael!  You look great and I will hopefully see you in a joint troop sometime (Celebration at the least).

-------------------------------

On the topic of EIB and Centruion...my view is that EIB is mostly a checklist award and Centurion is achieved by actively demonstrating the willingness to go above and beyond.  It's derived from and embodies the spirit of troopers helping troopers. The application post being the start of a journey, and the suggestions are opportunities for improvement.  That an item might be missed on an earlier application is not a misfortune for the current person but a boon for a better suit.

That said, I readily admit to having a few moments of exasperation during my application process.  During those times I considered backing out and being happy with EIB.  While I know it is not the intent, it can come across a bit like being picked on, death by a thousand cuts, etc. :)  It would be nice to have a more thorough and ongoing list of items.  It would save frustration and time for both the applicant and DO.  I don't think applicants are looking to skirt requirements, but the process can be nebulous and feel a bit like a Sisyphean task at times.  In the end it comes down to fit and polish relative to the applicant's body size, body type, and the armor kit of choice.  There isn't a way to encapsulate that ideal that doesn't involve visual inspection and possible adjustments.

• Like 1

Congrats, Michael!  You look great and I will hopefully see you in a joint troop sometime (Celebration at the least).

-------------------------------

On the topic of EIB and Centruion...my view is that EIB is mostly a checklist award and Centurion is achieved by actively demonstrating the willingness to go above and beyond.  It's derived from and embodies the spirit of troopers helping troopers. The application post being the start of a journey, and the suggestions are opportunities for improvement.  That an item might be missed on an earlier application is not a misfortune for the current person but a boon for a better suit.

... It would be nice to have a more thorough and ongoing list of items.  It would save frustration and time for both the applicant and DO.  I don't think applicants are looking to skirt requirements, but the process can be nebulous and feel a bit like a Sisyphean task at times.  In the end it comes down to fit and polish relative to the applicant's body size, body type, and the armor kit of choice.  There isn't a way to encapsulate that ideal that doesn't involve visual inspection and possible adjustments.

This.

EIB should be a checklist. Giving people incentive to make their suits that much better.

Centurion should be a freakin' trial by fire and nitpicked to death to make sure every detail is proper, with the CRL for Centurion level being more of starting point than a finish line.

A lot of the negativity in this thread was based on an inappropriate level of nitpicking on the EIB app with an extremely unnecessary condescending attitude.

Edited by ircphoenix
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...