Short troopers

OK I have tried to search the forums but my problem is I have short legs... And need to take a lot off the shins and thighs. But can't find a tutorial on the best way to go about it... Any suggestions? I thought with the shins taking off the bottom is best... But the thighs seem to be problematic.

The shins yes I would remove excess from the bottom and the thighs you would have to take the excess from the top, then you could make a new return edge using a heating iron, they are used in model plane construction, you could even try a home iron on a low heat but it would be a bit cumbersome. It is not an easy thing to do so I would suggest trying on some scrap pieces of ABS first and see how you go.

Like said above, trim the bottom of the shins first. You may not have to trim the thighs, maybe just notch the backs. The shorter troopers look really good with less black showing and they make vader look good. :)

I'm also a 5'6" TK.  I trimmed the bottom of my shins as suggested, and took off a very small amount (about 1/4") from the top of the thighs.  I can move very well, and the armor is comfortable.  I walked 3/4 of a mile in it at a troop 2 weeks ago with no ill effects.