CAP/CAP-West From the Horse's Mouth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah your doing good by one group of people in one hand and then ripping others off in the other. Great way to justify your wrong doings mate. This will be my last post in here as its clear people will turn a blind eye to wrong doings as long as you rub certain people the right way.Doing a good thing for one group of people doesn't justify doing wrong to another group of people no matter how you see them.But you just keep telling yourself that.

Edited by Gizmo

In the end, the Legion is there to support the Legion membership.  It is not a club designed or intended to provide cop duties to the entire replica prop world.  Wrong is in the eye of the beholder too.

There are *many* non-501st Legion prop makers out there who look down on the Legion, it's mission, and have made a sport of ripping off it's members (and they still do today). I don't see any other part of our hobby defending that, so it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.  And, it's not entirely the same hobby anyway. The 501st is a non for profit costuming club, many of who's members engage in replica prop making to the point that the Legion costuming guidlines allow (as we truly can't always replica crappy props from the 70's and troop).  This is different from the larger prop making community who is strictly out to make profit from their work, and have no charitable element.

Lastly, it should be your last post on this thread, as we explicitly have another forum to discuss such a topic, as it's one that gets hauled out and beaten to death on an annual basis.

"Doing a good thing for one group of people doesn't justify doing wrong to another group of people no matter how you see them.But you just keep telling yourself that. "

Yup, agree with you there.  I tell recasters that all the time, but they always twist it to fit their own point of view.  Remember the DIY forums? :Laser:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2014 at 3:58 AM, Scootch said:

A dusty shelf full of curio's is just that. and at the end of it all it's the relationships you nurtured and not the treasure you horded.

-------

Well said that man! http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp139/Billhag/GIFS/clapping02.gif

PS

Regardless of history and "who-did-what", till this day I still think that Chris's CAP face plate is one of the nicest I've ever seen.

:)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 1 month later...

LOL!!!! It still is (faceplate), and even though the DIY forum existed as a ginormous middle finger to whomever it could annoy a lot of good things have come from it outside of going ape on the TE trooper armor. But nobody will know of it around here cause it interferes with "business as usual". So I'll see you cats over on Ebay.... cause you don't really have to stay away from there..... you just have to know who to ask about stuff on ebay....and you can visit me in "Scootch's Custom Fab Shop" on Facebook and me n my pals will be ultra more than happy to help you get hooked up with what you need.

Great story Scott thanks a good read and a very good outlook!! I'm only a new guy , but I think I heard "troopers helping troopers" in there :) 

on a side note......wish we had a 3000sqft haunt anywhere close!! sounds damn fun, and disturbing ? even better!!