Armormaster NE Thighs, need a new set

evoxpilot

I messed up badly and need a new set of thigh armor (all four pieces) quick.  I sent a note to the AM but no response yet.  Assuming he/she cannot let me buy another set, any other ideas on getting another set?

Any help in procuring a new set of thighs would be greatly appreciated.

Best, 

CA glued the same sides together. 

Take some pics to show us?

you might be able to cut them, then hide the repair with your coverstrip?  (depends how bad the mess you are left with after cutting)

also - LAST RESORT... assuming the pieces are going to be trash if it doesn't work or ruins your plastic - 

Try 

http://www.amazon.com/Satellite-City-US-1-Super-Solvent-Ounces/dp/B003L0XBCK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380731174&sr=8-2&keywords=ca+glue+debonder

or 

http://www.amazon.com/Un-cure-debonder-1oz-Smith-Ind/dp/B0000DD1QS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380731287&sr=8-1&keywords=ca+glue+debonder

I tested the second one on some ABS - when left overnight  it started to soften the ABS itself.  Have never used the top one, but might try it.

It would be possible to cut them but it my fear is taking the time and then ending up wasting my time. But I am still considering it as an option but want to move onto other parts.  I sent a note to ATA and some other armorers and ATA responded that he could accommodate me. I would however like to save these and your suggestion on the glue remover are definitely worth a try onthe seams even with some atrophy of the ABS which can be supported. I appreciate you response.

IMG_2545_zps8eba9eea.jpg

IMG_2548_zps32488128.jpg

IMG_2547_zps7e572d38.jpg

IMG_2546_zps6ebd7c6e.jpg

IMG_2549_zpsb746b786.jpg

Edited by evoxpilot

One suggestion for you when you get them apart is to trim off the return edge on the too & bottom so it doesn't dig into your legs. Also try using e6000 to glue them back together so if you have to take them apart again for any reason there would be little to no issue.