A question about what armor is appropriate at formal/informal events

This has been bugging me for a while now...I just now decided I should speak up about it. What defines an informal or formal event? What are some examples of each? Are there events that only allow the costumes seen on screen? If so, would being a Magma Trooper limit the events I'd be allowed to attend?

The reason I ask you FISD folks, is simply because I know I'll get a swift and sensible response. The Spec Ops forum is not nearly as active, but I've grown to respect the work they do. The reason I hang out here in addition to over there is because I've come to appreciate and respect everyone for their helpful input and quick responses. Thank you in advance!

- Mike

It really depends on the appearance request. Some people request certain characters and what not. Some events are supposed to be strictly canon (even ones not requested from lucasfilm) and is offen up to each individual garrison/outpost how canon the troop is. It's probably a better question for the NEG boards. I know that they troop a ton in around the Boston metro area and I doubt you'd find a lack of events to troop as a magma.

-Eric

For us in the bay area, mostly LFL, TV, bigger events like course of the force for example. Those are canon. If its like a bday or just to give an illusion, then doesnt really matter. I have worn my shadow ops (not approved) on events when i ask for permission from my CO and he usually gives the OK. To be honest though, i rarely wear it since its not canon.

If its an official 501st requested event, I suggest going in an approved and requested 501st costume.

Outside of an official 501st event you are free to do whatever you want. :dancing-trooper:

Details and examples can be found here -

TROOPER SURVIVAL GUIDE

TROOPING GUIDE

TS-Cover-1.jpg