Helmet Question: Tip/HowTo Request

Hello everyone!

New here obviously, and I will be up front with what my request is really for. I do not as of yet have an interest in Trooper Armor (Probably because there aren't many good cons near me) but I do need help with a similar helmet. A NCR Ranger helmet from the video game Fallout: New Vegas. The issue I am having, is I need to figure out how I am going to do the voice changer for the helmet. I know that I want to have one inside of it (With a speaker hidden behind the front circular piece where the mouth would be behind the mask to project my altered voice.) The issue I am having really, is finding a voice changer that is very compact (I should be able to do the wiring myself) and can be programmed, or comes programmed with the alterations I want it to make (I want it to sound like my voice is going over a radio with a touch of static) to my voice.

Where should I begin on looking or making a voice changer?

NCR-Ranger4.jpg

You can find some cheap kids toy voice changers @ $15 on ebay, then have the output of this go into an aker amp

Moved to non star wars costuming.

Thanks, i noticed after I posted and felt like a boob.

You can find some cheap kids toy voice changers @ $15 on ebay, then have the output of this go into an aker amp

Would you be able to go into more detail on that? I am in no way sure what you mean by an aker amp, and I am not sure which voice changers i might want to use.

Also, are they pre-programmed or do i have to program them? If so, how.

or do i adjust the modification it makes to my voice a different way? If so, how?

The toy voice changers are preprogrammed you just select one of a dozen settings. aker amp is what we TK's use. Do an eBay search, plenty of them online