TK-6682 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [RS] [337]

Im surprised this isnt EIB yet.

I'm supposing that Phil is busy with real life. Doing the approvals takes more out of your day than one might think.

Hi Michael,

your application is a nice EIB applciation and fit on you.

To complete your applcaition can you attend to the following.

1. Repair the rear of your right thigh.

2. Show a ruler in the picture against the width of the tan straps on your holster.

3. Attend to whatever issue is causing your AB and Kidney armour to not line up at the sides.

Good luck trooper, very nearly there.

Hi Michael,

your application is a nice EIB applciation and fit on you.

To complete your applcaition can you attend to the following.

2. Show a ruler in the picture against the width of the tan straps on your holster.

3. Attend to whatever issue is causing your AB and Kidney armour to not line up at the sides.

Good luck trooper, very nearly there. 

Awesome,

All of the issues have been resolved. I will get some new photos with the listed issues posted up ASAP.

Thanks!

Here you go.

photo2_zps3174f8e2.jpg

photo1_zps2f5209f9.jpg

photo4_zps2eddb141.jpg

photo3_zpsd3a373a6.jpg

Edited by TK6682

Typically the straps are 20mm. Here is a diagram from Troopermaster. RS is known to be a little off on the fine details as least from a Centurion level perspective. For instance for centurion, the crotch split rivet needs to be brass and unpainted. They often do it just in nickel.

As for EIB, that's up to the reviewing officer.

096931125a58919a74263603ee635985.jpg

Edited by Echo

Its kinda funny cause to be honest, Bender here should have been approved. He bought the armor from me. But original owner is EIB WITH SAME armor. Approved here.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23482-tk-5224-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-rs-2nd/

Hey look. Exact same armor, just a different human.

null_zps44f268a3.jpg

null_zpsb2d252d7.jpg

null_zps02bbc171.jpg

Not to sound rude, but i dont see the difference with Benders armor and all the other RS built EIB and Centurion applicants. Since the same people built it. Just sayin.

I don't see where the width of the tan straps is even relevant. This suit is perfect and he wears it perfectly. He is being an extremely good sport for this level of nit-pickery that isn't even on the CRL. The back of the thigh was a reasonable request, and we all know that sometimes during photos our armor doesn't always line up perfectly, but that doesn't mean a few millimeters means it's completely off.

I know it's not "just a checklist" but sometimes I feel like our level of anal retentiveness encroaches on the ridiculous. Especially when the same holster has already proven itself acceptable for Centurion, and it doesn't even have to be leather much less leather of a specific color or width. And this is still EIB not even Centurion.

I'm just stepping in to remind *everyone* who watches and contributes to the EI and Centurion threads to be realistic about this process. EI is about going beyond "15 pieces of flair" and though we want to make sure the wearer looks good and puts some pride into it, there's a point where we should be able to recognize when it's enough.  I'd say holster strap width isn't even one of those pieces of flair - if it needs to be, we should consider amending the CRL.

Holster
For 501st approval:
  • Holster is worn on left side of belt. It must be made of black leather or leather-like material, and must be attached via two leather or leather-like material straps to the belt from behind instead of front, with no loops covering the outside of the belt.
  • The holster must be affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom (one per strap). The fasteners may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws.

For level two certification (if applicable): For level three certification (if applicable): 
{{{5}}}

I agree with the fact that having the exact holster straps width for EIB is "over the top". However i think this is a relevant detail for Centurion and with an armor like that i'm pretty sur Micheal will submit for Centurion, so i think this is just anticipation for the future Cent. approval from Phil.

Over the time the knowledge and the accuracy expectation have increased a lot and plenty of small requirements have been implincitly added to the list without being written in the CRL, and they probably never will be. I think the holster straps width may just be one the latest one ;)

Still Micheal's armor is beyond EIB level!

Edited by The5thHorseman

Correct. The holster strap width isnt even mentioned in Centurion CRL. please keep in mind this same exact suit has been approved for EIB and Centurion already. Literally the plastic just swapped hands and went to my dear friend. No alterations have been done. Even for Centurion, this suit should already pass.

Correct. The holster strap width isnt even mentioned in Centurion CRL. please keep in mind this same exact suit has been approved for EIB and Centurion already. Literally the plastic just swapped hands and went to my dear friend. No alterations have been done. Even for Centurion, this suit should already pass.

I like the suit even if the holster tabs are a bit wide. That's an easy fix. 5 minutes and a sharp blade.

But you know very well that previous approvals doesn't matter, even for basic approval of a new owner.