Most Accurate T-track available?

Hermanator

What is the most accurate T-track that we've found so far, and is it still available somewhere?  I see that Marv offers one on the sales thread, and gazmosis posted a rake version up a few years ago.  The Blaster Conversion blog used some drawer t-tracks from Malaysia, but I have no way of contacting the writer Paul.  Both the ones available from Marv and gazmosis are considered slightly off in measurements, so I'd like to know if anyone's found one with the exact measurements (or closer than these two)?

I'm converting a Sterling, and I don't want to skimp on the parts if I don't absolutely have to.

Thank you all!

Also looking for an M38 1942 scope, if anyone has one available or could tell me where to get one. :)

Thanks Turrican. :)  How does Sskunkys compare in size to Marv's and Gino's?

Marv's and SSkunkys are nearly identic.The Gino ones are not as high as those ones and more round on the inside:

Here's a comparsion.( post 12 )

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24735-anh-hero-e-11-requirements-for-centurion/

Marv track is too thin.  I've never seen sskunky's track so I don't know.

GINO track is patterned after actual T Track,. GINO has access to original lucasfilm parts

see GINO is one of those lucky people who actually has been working for company's that actually have the REAL THING.

so this is why I have T tracks from malay (sabrefreak- on the RPF who is sold out by the way) and I have MARV track, and can prove that

it's too thin. (allows holes to be seen along the barrel, which is not correct)

and lastly I have GINO track... and I know for a fact that it's perfect

Well i not know which Sterling you have, but on mine the Marv tracks completly capping the holes:

bsccuda32eq.jpg

And cause of GINO...i know that i'm stiching in a hornet cluster now, but it not realy matter me anymore.

It seems you guys have all forgotten which guy he was and is.

I can remember times where he lied arround each day about his moulds touched be the inside which later got proofed wrong.

Where he got banned from each board for his very kind manner and banned each one which has not his pov from his own propsandtoys board.

The time where he claimed that his parts did all just come from screen used stuff, and that all what he has are first generation casts.Which also got proofed wrong at his Vader helmets and amour.

Now as he is the big buddy in the efx team, this seems all forgotten.

He's now mister nice guy with a perfect image and all what he sells does automaticly come from the LFL archives. Unaltered of course to give us the best stuff we ever will get for just some litte money.

Guys, are you all so blind your are you just not want to use your brains and only want to see the beautifull pink ponyranch where you are palying on?

So cause of that matter, i more like to deal with guys who i know i have in front of me.

Trusted people which not rip of there buddys and not tell you gold and sell you junk.

For that are guys like Mark and Marv and not guys like GINO.

And before you ask me, no i will not edit or delete that post.

FIN:

Edited by Turrican

Marv track is too thin.  I've never seen sskunky's track so I don't know.

GINO track is patterned after actual T Track,. GINO has access to original lucasfilm parts

see GINO is one of those lucky people who actually has been working for company's that actually have the REAL THING.

so this is why I have T tracks from malay (sabrefreak- on the RPF who is sold out by the way) and I have MARV track, and can prove that

it's too thin. (allows holes to be seen along the barrel, which is not correct)

and lastly I have GINO track... and I know for a fact that it's perfect

Do you have proof of that? And as far as I know, Gino wasn't working for eFX when he designed the extrusion die for his T-track.

I'm glad that marv's track worked.  the track I've seen is on the wiselite sterling that ron used.

perhaps the wiselite used the incorrect hole size?

and Gino worked for Master Replicas, and can speak for himself regarding the timeframe of the extrusion.

so it's master replica's then EFx  so I believe that he gained the experience of being in the presence of screen used Track.

it least I now have reason to admire marv track as well as gino track.

I'm setting up to take photos of my sterling parts kit with GINO MARV and SABREFREAK Track all compared.

the photo above of marv track is interesting!

photos soon.

Just for the record, the only t-track available anywhere that has the correct shape, proportions, color, and materials is the stuff I had custom made.

Fact.

Yes I've had access to screen used track to ensure that the stuff I made was correct.

Yes, I've handled a large amount of the screen used original props that use t-track on them and it's all the same stuff.

There is other t-track out there from other people that is available especially for those looking for something less expensive, but it is also less accurate. So it's a trade off.

Everyone is free to make up their own mind on what to buy based on their needs/budget. 

Just so long as they are informed about what they are buying, I think it's great for there to be options.

I've been reading here since 2008 and some of the details of the attacks on GINO are legend from the armor wars between TE AP and TM

those were the days! 

I don't personally understand why GINO is misunderstood by so many? is it because he tried to defend himself against those who

seek to put down his work?

we all have data, and we form opinions from our own dataset.  as we learn and our dataset grows, as well our opinion should grow.

I use Tapered Rake Track from leaf rakes, then I sand them and work them into stuff that "works" for me.

yet I also have GINO track, and I"m trying to find a gunsmith/machinist to help me finish my

uber e-11 build.

we all have different ways of looking at the same things... and I find it hard to see why reputation and misunderstandings get in the way.

can you GINO describe more about the poster above and his statements?

and on a side note I'd sure like to see an ARMOR FAMILY TREE?

Well i not know which Sterling you have, but on mine the Marv tracks completly capping the holes:

bsccuda32eq.jpg

And cause of GINO...i know that i'm stiching in a hornet cluster now, but it not realy matter me anymore.

It seems you guys have all forgotten which guy he was and is.

I can remember times where he lied arround each day about his moulds touched be the inside which later got proofed wrong.

Where he got banned from each board for his very kind manner and banned each one which has not his pov from his own propsandtoys board.

The time where he claimed that his parts did all just come from screen used stuff, and that all what he has are first generation casts.Which also got proofed wrong at his Vader helmets and amour.

Now as he is the big buddy in the efx team, this seems all forgotten.

He's now mister nice guy with a perfect image and all what he sells does automaticly come from the LFL archives. Unaltered of course to give us the best stuff we ever will get for just some litte money.

Guys, are you all so blind your are you just not want to use your brains and only want to see the beautifull pink ponyranch where you are palying on?

So cause of that matter, i more like to deal with guys who i know i have in front of me.

Trusted people which not rip of there buddys and not tell you gold and sell you junk.

For that are guys like Mark and Marv and not guys like GINO.

And before you ask me, no i will not edit or delete that post.

FIN:

This is a T-track discussion, there is no need to attack anyone's integrity and no more will be tolerated.  Please, post comparative pics and debate which one may be most accurate but leave it at that.

Everyone has the right to their own opinions but please keep it friendly.

Thanks everyone!

Never the less, even if your T-track is the most accurate, without proof it's still just us taking your word for it. And many of us here don't roll that way.

Locitus, you (or anyone else) don't have to take my word for it and that's totally your choice.
I invite anyone to do their own comparisons between all the available t-tracks and the screen-used stuff and draw their own conclusions.

Just FYI, I don't have a problem with marv, saberfreak and I don't look at them as competition in any negative way.

Can't you post up some of your research materials, photo's and etc in a big T-track research thread so we can put this to rest, once and for all? Maybe it already exists somewhere, but in that case, a copy paste onto here with a link to the original couldn't be too hard.

I think it would benefit the whole community.

I'm glad that marv's track worked.  the track I've seen is on the wiselite sterling that ron used.

perhaps the wiselite used the incorrect hole size?

and Gino worked for Master Replicas, and can speak for himself regarding the timeframe of the extrusion.

so it's master replica's then EFx  so I believe that he gained the experience of being in the presence of screen used Track.

it least I now have reason to admire marv track as well as gino track.

I'm setting up to take photos of my sterling parts kit with GINO MARV and SABREFREAK Track all compared.

the photo above of marv track is interesting!

photos soon.

I don't think Gino worked for Master Replicas.

Can't you post up some of your research materials, photo's and etc in a big T-track research thread so we can put this to rest, once and for all? Maybe it already exists somewhere, but in that case, a copy paste onto here with a link to the original couldn't be too hard.

I would like to know that as well.

I consider having all of them very fun!

I've been following the differences in T Track so much that I want to buy some of CFO (mark's) T Track just to look at the differences!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Posting stuff like that publicly sometimes is ok, and sometimes it is not ok.

This is one of those times when it's not ok.

I would suggest that if you have doubts then you should just not order from me. No one is forcing anyone to do anything.

Edited by GINO

Surely not everything is classified?

I'm sure if we get things moving the community can reverse engineer the rest. The power cylinder research thread comes to mind as an excellent example.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/17306-3-central-fuses-on-e11-blaster-cylinders/

No not everything. And it is awesome when I'm free and clear to show stuff because I find it super exciting and love seeing people's reactions who feel just like me about it.

I just sucks that it's not that often that I get to. Just comes with the territory.

I can say this. I've seen and handled a good portion of the screen-used original props that use this t-track. Some in private collections, and some in the LFL archives.

And all of it was the exact same stuff. 

For those that don't already know, the t-track was used on all versions of the OT sabers (except for obi wan and luke rotj), also on the sterlings, boba fett's rotj rifle, and a little piece on one of Han Solo's guns.