DoopyDoos DLT-19, Mk3

SorenM

Had Alfredo make a fire selection lever, and a rear sight. Arrived yesterday, and I fiddeled with them today.

They are both made "functional"...

The fire selection lever. A screw into the rear, and the into the blaster....of course painting and weathering will be done later

pzpPLYP.jpg

ByKryra.jpg

The rear sight has been made functional by drilling out the part where the sight would be attached on a real mg-34, and a wooden dowel has been inserte instead, secured by a screw to the rear. A trench for the screw that holds the sight to the dowel has been dremelled out. I need to find solution where the sight will lie totally flat against the blaster when not in the upright position

eDhTmkD.jpg

U03adBp.jpg

Ofcb4tF.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just received my latest "investment" a Dlt-19 made by ASH....

Will ASAP post pictures and my impression of the model, but my intial assessment says that it is a very well made prop.

Edited by SorenM

Judt received my latest "investment" a Dlt-19 made by ASH....

Will ASAP post pictures and my impression of the model, but my intial assessment says that it is a very well made prop.

Really interested to see your new DLT-19. I heard someone else mention the name ASH before with regards to DLTs but not sure who this is. This a kit available in Europe only? Or is this the Doopy DLT you are talking about? Hoping to get one soon but my options are short with shipping to Japan. Post more info when you can. Congrats on your new purchase!

It is NOT the Doopys I have bought, it is made by a guy in Spain, and as far as I am aware he ships worldwide. The price is somewhat higher than Doopy Doos, but it normally is very difficult to get in contact with Doopys.

Edited by SorenM

EDIT: have made alterations in my review. After having compared the two with a real MG34, I had to change some of the wording in this post, it seems my excitement with a new blaster, got the better of me and somewhat clouded my objective judgement of the two dlts.

Allrighty then.
Unpacked and assembled my new Dlt-19 from ASH (ASH,has started a thread showing the production process, please see that for further details), and I will compare it with the Doopy Doos (dd) I already own.
The pricetag for the ASH is roughly EDIT: 1/2 more, but considering that it is nay impossible to get hold of one from dd, this is definitely worth considering ( I am VERY happy with the one I bought).

The overall asessment is that the ASH is an extremely well and thoroughly made replica. It is qualitywise on par with the dd, (there seem to be a tiny bit more bubbling on the ASH), and has several features that the dd does not have, but there details on the dd that the ASH does not have.

Below are some comparison shots of the two blasters, mind you I have made several alterations to the dd, and some of them I will need to make on the ASH as well.
EDIT: the dd is the one that has been weathered, has wires and the glossy stock.

DiG7YxA.jpg
YRSC3Bt.jpg
udFBTp5.jpg
EAYzLkQ.jpg
jfz6n6y.jpg
iNN6VHw.jpg
GiVYToe.jpg
Ebp1ZhY.jpg
sKTdgES.jpg
MR22ALR.jpg
008c72L.jpg

The ASH is incremently shorter than the dd, which of the two is the more accurate In that aspect, I have no idea. The quality of the cast is really good, with very clear and well defined details on both dlts, the ASH comes with a much better and more realistically looking paintjob, whereas the dlt has details like stamps etc.
Both dlts come in two main pieces, the dd is assembled like a cue stick, wheras the ASH is assembled with a screw, really a minor thing, but I prefer the cue stick assembly.

The  ASH has the following features that are not found on the dd:
- inner barrel
- fire selection lever
- correctly placed cocking handle
- working rear sight ( unfortunately mine was broken off, but that is the courriers fault, everything was packed minutely)
- working front sight
- working bipod ( I am aware that it will never be used, but a great detail whatsoever).
- separate pistolgrip covers.
- real screws ( even if they are not entirly accurate)
- More accurate T-tracks

And a very coolthing: a brass coloured plate with numbering (uber cool)

All in all it is a brilliant replica, with  attention to detail. I would recommed this anytime. The higher price is justified in the number of additional features you get.

Now it is time for me to tweak this one also:
Cut out slots for the wire, and add wire on the T-tracks
Painting the T-tracks
Changing some of the screws
General weathering
Filling of conical disc
Drilling the cocking handle
Drilling a hole on the bottom of the pistolgrip (where the sling attaches)
Painting and varnishing the postolgrip and butt-stock.

Bottom line: THE ASH IS A FANTASTIC REPLICA!

Edited by SorenM
  • Like 1

Wow man......many thanks for this review....I´m very proud of my DLT-19, and much more after these words....I´ll try to correct some of things that you say, in the future I´ll send the antiaerial sight apart to be mounted by the final user to avoid damages like yours.

Many thanks again.

Wow man......many thanks for this review....I´m very proud of my DLT-19, and much more after these words....I´ll try to correct some of things that you say, in the future I´ll send the antiaerial sight apart to be mounted by the final user to avoid damages like yours.

Many thanks again.

You are most welcome buddy. Thank you for a great product! Good idea with the rear sight :-).. Will look forward to see if you make some of those corrections :-)

Thanks for the comparison pics. Pity you didn't tag the DLTs on the pics though  ;).

I agree some features are more accurate on the ASH but on your pics i find the Doopy sharper. It's maybe different in real however.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Thanks for the comparison pics. Pity you didn't tag the DLTs on the pics though  ;).

I agree some features are more accurate on the ASH but on your pics i find the Doopy much sharper. It's maybe different in real however.

I should have marked them I see :-), the DD is the one that has been weathered and has wires on (as I am sure you are aware). I believe I said, the details are sharp on both, there are differences which part of the blaster that is more detailed, and there are parts on the dd that I like better, but overall ASH has made an outstanding and greatlooking blaster, that even if more expensive, is worth the money, especially because it is nearly impossible to buy a dd. :-)...but the dd is still an awesome blaster:-)..

I should have marked them I see :-), the DD is the one that has been weathered and has wires on (as I am sure you are aware). 

Ha ha, yes i figured it out myself  ^_^

Still, it's clear that both are awesome DLTs.

• Like 1

Hey Germain

having gone over the two dlts and compared with a real mg34, I must agree with you. The number of details, like stamps Little knobs etc. is better in the Doopy Dooos, no doubt about that. I still really like the ASH, but whether I prefer one over the other I dont know. They are both axcellent and both have pros and cons.....

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wrote to DoppyDoos this week. I asked about international shipping (I'm in Canada).  They replied that they have been unable to get the DLT-19 past Canadian customs.  I guess it looks too much like a real firearm replica and our government doesn't like it.  :angry:

Hi Soren,

just came across this brilliant thread. Thanks for the comparison of the IMHO best 2 DLTs out there. I am really intrigued by the excellent paint job you have done creating this used metallic look. May I ask how you achieved this look and which colors you used?

Cheers,

Constantin