Should I assemble my armor, or pay for the assembly?

Hermanator

I myself purchased an assembled suit. Time is the main reason for this is I am full time Military and a full time Student. That does not leave any real time. My plans are to build everything else though. I have my boots almost completed, and will soon start on my blaster. Once I can actually get out there, and troop, building my second suit can be done as time allows and be that much more satisfying.

I myself purchased an assembled suit. Time is the main reason for this is I am full time Military and a full time Student. That does not leave any real time. My plans are to build everything else though. I have my boots almost completed, and will soon start on my blaster. Once I can actually get out there, and troop, building my second suit can be done as time allows and be that much more satisfying.

thats exactly why I chose to have my armour built for me :-)...and my situation is similar (not a student though).....are you in fact with the 504th PIR?

I was for 4 years. Most of the NCOs were assigned to training bases a few months after our last trip to the sand box. So here I sit. That's why I can go to school full time LOL

Roger :-)!...

I am having mine assembled by RS Props. I am new to prop assembly and probably not very handy with these kind of things. However, I will be doing some finishing touch ups and I have an eFX helmet I bought (aside from the full RS armor) that I can experiment with. I assume it would be nerve-racking cutting and assembling a ~$700-$1000 kits. I also live in a tiny apartment and do not have the room to do full armor build :(

Electronics is a different matter and have some light background in it.

I am having mine assembled by RS Props. I am new to prop assembly and probably not very handy with these kind of things. However, I will be doing some finishing touch ups and I have an eFX helmet I bought (aside from the full RS armor) that I can experiment with. I assume it would be nerve-racking cutting and assembling a ~$700-$1000 kits. I also live in a tiny apartment and do not have the room to do full armor build :(

Electronics is a different matter and have some light background in it.

It is 100% nerve-wracking cutting and assembling an expensive kit.  But I'm also slowly getting over my nerves and feeling more confident as I build, and I haven't made any fatal mistakes yet!

I'll weigh in on the rookie side of this. I've been wanting to build a TK kit for years, but never thought I could afford one. But low and behold, I now have a kit ready to be assembled. Mind you, I have no experience at all, I have a crazy job and a kids at home (one less than a year old). Time is a rare commodity. And I would be lying if I didn't say that I am totally freaked out about cutting and drilling this set of unassembled armor that I have coveted since I was a child. But I have made that first cut. With my TD behind me, I have started trimming the helmet. And though I know there will be mistakes along the way, I relish the idea of being able to say "I Made this." I like the hands-on experience. I like learning something new. I'd love to troop now, but I know that it will likely take a minimum of 6 to 8 months to get through this process. Getting there seems like half of the fun. I would never fault anyone for buying ready-to-wear. I'd so the same thing if I was in the military, had to travel for work/school, etc. In my situation, I choose to build this S.O.B. and see what comes of it.