ATA Hero Helmet

Hey all,

I wanted to post some pics of my helmet build. I would love feedback either good or bad. Whatcha think? 

Here it is right out of the box...

image2_zps4cf0284c.jpeg

Painting...

IMG_1757_zpsf4d66156.jpg

IMG_1753_zps1d5901f9.jpg

Right after trimming out eyes and teeth. Still need to mod it for Hero Build. Disregard the vocoder. It has since been finished.

IMG_1767_zps5a8d8c5d.jpg

I used Plasti-Dip to coat the inside...

IMG_1779_zps2489afde.jpg

IMG_1776_zps0e7ccbd3.jpg

My attempt at making Hero Bubble Lenses

IMG_1816_zps0881c4e7.jpg

I cut them out, used boiling water to soften them...

IMG_1821_zps17e32518.jpg

Then placed them into helmet and pressed down with a towel

IMG_1823_zps58799d68.jpg

This is the end result

IMG_1822_zps4ade6bee.jpg

I used black modeling clay around the lenses and screwed the lenses in to them. Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of this part, but I could post the result later. 

I used Trooperbay stencils for the tube stripes and to paint vents on tears and traps.

IMG_1815_zps59729f9b.jpg

Still need to trim the screws on the inside, paint the ear screws white, mod the teeth and get a liner and fan. Next up...NE armor!!

Looks good but you should either fill in the other teeth recesses or heat and push them flat, Hero lids do not have the extra teeth recesses

If you borrow or buy a hobby iron, you might be able to massage those outer teeth flat.

That's what I did but you still need to do a little sanding on the outside of the teeth, then polish, then you would have to re-paint, my hero lid mod is here

Might be a stupid question, but are the mic tips supposed to be flat paint or glossy? I painted them glossy and have seen them flat. I have also heard a mixture between the both. Thoughts??

As far as the teeth, I haven't decided whether to use hot iron or ABS paste. But moving is taking over my time for now.

Paul, anything in particular you would like to see more of?