Where to DeathTroop?

Papatrooper

Hey guys,

So I was thinking that next year I would start on a build of a Death Trooper. I just have a question, where is it that you all wear this kit? I know most the troops in my area are all kid orientated and I think it would freak them out if I were to show up looking like a Death Trooper. So just wondering what kind of troops you all do wearing this kit?

Kids who get scared by a Death Trooper, is normally the ones who gets scared by a normal trooper as well...but the death trooper might freak those kids out just a bit more :P

LOL, Well alright guys thanks. So once I finish it I will keep it to cons and after hour events.

Kids who get scared by a Death Trooper, is normally the ones who gets scared by a normal trooper as well...but the death trooper might freak those kids out just a bit more :P

Ā 

This is the gospel truth.

Ā 

It's the parents of these kids that I hate. Ā The ones that push their kids into a photo situation when the kid is clearly disturbed by the situation. Ā I usually just turn and walk away from those. Ā No picture is worth that.

This is the gospel truth.

Ā 

It's the parents of these kids that I hate. Ā The ones that push their kids into a photo situation when the kid is clearly disturbed by the situation. Ā I usually just turn and walk away from those. Ā No picture is worth that.

Ā Agree!

I hope you're not suggesting bringing a death trooper around kids by the above statement.

Ā 

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It seems like he means the parents who shove their kids at you for a pic (no matter what costume you're wearing), and the poor kid wants none of it. I hate that too. Real awkward. lol.Ā 

Hospitals. You don't have to troop, just walk around. Make sure there's extra blood on your armor. Try going around the psych ward!

Ā 

Just use common sense lol. Obviously dt's aren't kid friendly, but there's probably someone with a haunted house that could hire you. And body language is important around youngins. You can cover the zombie mask part with your hands as if you're more afraid of them so they'll open up a bit. Or dance around happily like a clown, not doing Thriller or jumping around like a maniac. You could even simply stand still the whole time so if they see you're a prop, they might be more willing to get in the picture.

Ā 

People got to realize how important body language is.

I bring mine around kids pretty regularly... Ā I don't know if it's a regional thing or what, but in New England at least very few younglings have been anything but entertained, even when I stay totally in character, snarling and biting at them. Ā I've got a ton of photos of me with little ones, often in zombie costumes themselves! I probably wear the DT 6-8 times a year, sometimes more. I'll be trooping it 3-4 more times before the end of the year.Ā 

Ā 

We also don't really do the traditional hospital / sick kids type events much in the NEG. We've probably done less than 10 of those in the past 10 years.Ā 

I do Honor cons and Zombie walks and most cons that are three days or more like Dragon Con, Ā SWC!Ā 

Ā 

I kidded and said i was going to find where they are filming an episode of the Walking Dead and try to just walk on the set and see want the frak happens...LOL!!!

• 11 months later...