SE-14R build

gmrhodes13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thanks Mathias, that is the first time I have seen that grip. Well I have been asked if I will sell this one that I am building so I think I will and make another one, I do like that grip and it will be easy to replicate, I just need to shape the grip first then I can heat the plastic matting and apply it while still hot.

Scope mount made and fitted, decided to give it all a coat of primer to see what needs some bondo and adjustment.
uNjM0id.jpg

Managed to get a coat of silver on, will need a few days to dry pretty cold and wet here at the moment

Zegmgz4.jpg

Another coat of black applied. Started on a holster, found some nice reference photos over at the French 501st Garrison. I had never noticed this holster in ANH so it was quite interesting, especially as the SE-14R wouldn't fit in an E-11 holster.
OF25UOU.jpg

Two coats of satin clear applied, now on hold until the scope gets here before I can finish the holster.

yoofesF.jpg
pOaaBu1.jpg

That would have been cool, I have found some cheap similar ones from China, only $8 each so I am trying a couple of different ones, but seem post from China comes by Yak :laugh1:

Must have been the day for mail to arrive, scope fitted and we are just about done, a few fine paint details to go.

Bj5sIM2.jpg

OL7SAKX.jpg
8DaRRWB.jpg

On 9/27/2013 at 7:08 PM, Arnie_DK said:

Is it okay that I hate you a tiny bit?? :)

It's ok I've been getting that a lot lately :laugh1:

Got to make some more room on my arsenal board

cinlkvE.jpg

I don't have a lot to do with molding, it's hard to get a lot of stuff here in Australia. I have a fellow squad member with a 3D printer who I will be catching up with soon, see what I can have printed to get the blaster really looking professional. There are a few SE-14R's in resin being sold around the empire, details I found in some of the other build threads ;)

Tsss, that's it, i need one...  :D

Might not build it from scratch though, i haven't your (amazing) skill! Congrats!

What type of scope is it in the end? 4x20 Vintage ASI?

Thanks Germain, yes it was a 4x20 scope, it's an aftermarket piece from China $8 from evil bay (inc postage), all I had to do was use some acetone to remove the white makers name from the top of the scope. For $8 it wasn't worth me trying to make one, I know it's cheating but it does look good. Shame it has to be used back to front   :D

Holster done, now just have to make another belt as it attaches in the middle of the belt unlike other holsters.

PMkQPNT.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There was no template, I found some rough measurements over at the French 501st forum here, I then used the SE-14R as a guide for sizing and took it from there, below is the photo posted by RS propmaster of what it looks like

captur16.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...