SE-14R build

gmrhodes13

Ran out of armor to build so looks like it's back to building blasters

Couldn't find much info about the SE-14R, I did find the length which I then used to scale up a few photo's of the blaster on the computer then I laid some paper over the screen and traced the outline of it.

Here is where I am at
0dJOKX6.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is, found it in an arts and craft store, very lucky find as I wasn't sure what I was going to do about the grip, problem solved :D

Top pipe cut, also spent some time on the lathe with the end caps. Still need to cut the slots and grooves into the pipe.cvGUWCn.jpg

I thought at first this was just a promo weapon but while looking for the holster design I found this shot, looks screen used to me :D

Ā 

MZ9yqfb.jpg

I believe that holster is a rebel holster. Its the only shot you see it used on a TK.

Ā 

But just use a normal E-11 holster for you SE-14. Thats what they used for the promo pics, and it fits nicely.

Ā 

And really great job btw ;)

Going to go the whole way on this one, you can see it clearly is a different holster, any rebel holster I have seen is nothing like this one, but thank you for your input :D

Ā 

You can make out in this promo shot that the holster is not as long as an E-11

Ā 

IXBN0yU.jpg

If I remember correctly that belt and holster is the one that is now owned by RS prop masters. I wish I could find the thread that had the info on the wonky holster.

Ā 

Found it.

Ā 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21196-holster-attachment-anh/?hl=%2Bprop+%2Bholster#entry263008

Edited by nicksevere

I had seen that thread after I found the RS info on the French 501st site http://www.501stfrenchgarrison.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7155&sid=0bcd03a8ec1e7f1d8f64d19417a48b1b . It's amazing what obscure things you find using a search button :)

I had seen that thread after I found the RS info on the French 501st site http://www.501stfrenchgarrison.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7155&sid=0bcd03a8ec1e7f1d8f64d19417a48b1b . It's amazing what obscure things you find using a search button :)

You can't be possibly talking about our silly broken dumb forum search :)

Ā 

-Eric

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut the v sections into both the end caps, also found some material in the embroidery section at Spotlight very similar to machine knurling
A5kRsLv.jpg

A few more of the fine details done, finished the sight and recessed a push switch into the trigger, can't be seen from the outside. Also sanded the curve into the base so the barrel sits in lower, now it's looking a better sizing.

HTfOYVl.jpg
6toW8QB.jpg

Getting some electronics organized, I use a $6 toy gun, has a nice loud blaster sound,Ā I also add a hi-bright LED from a $3 pen torch, then a 3 AAA battery holder. I will glue all of this to a strip of abs and make it a snug fit inside the barrel
Lj1XtTa.jpg

It's a bit hard to see in white but I have covered the grip inĀ some matted plastic, here is a close up

Ā 

OTXH1kV.jpg

All of the reference photo's I have found appears that it is flat, although there was a model of the Rexim Favor that did have a wavy grip. Some of my reference photo's

Ā 

rexim_fv.jpg

7amUshx.jpg

The first picture is a real rexim, which has wavy grips (although hard to see). The second picture is an older shawn morgan that doesn't. The biggest change he made to his current version is when he got a cast of real rexim wavy grips to add to his sculpt. Although, to be fair, that version is a complete resculpt since he could scale it to an accurate size since he had the real grip to work from. So it's also a bit smaller than the older version he had. Check out the newer version he has and you'll see it.

Very interesting, would you have a photo of the grooves, I can't seem to find anything