Is Centurion worth it?

100% centurion is worth it, first high is receiving basic approval, the next high EIB approval and top that off with another high of centurion approval, to know you have achieved the highest level of TK armor, it's a thrill.

Polish should take the scratch out, if not you may need to use wet and dry sandpaper, use soapy water and go from 300 grit through to 1200 grit then polish

Brenton, obviously at this stage in the game, you are further along than I am because you have your kit.

I'm going for centurion myself, when I get my kit.

Why?  Glen covered it for the most part, but I'll add this:  I'm doing this (FISD/501st) for several reasons...  Love of Star Wars, Love of being able to give back to people, and the pride in being able to combine both of those things in one awesome environment.  If nothing else, I feel that all three of those reasons deserve nothing less than the best that I am capable of giving to them and I'm planning on doing my best to achieve Centurion status with my first build, right out of the gate, no matter how much extra work and/or time that takes me to get it right.

Without having put a blade or a paintbrush to a piece of armor yet, I truly believe that it is worth it.

I think you'll be fine.  Keep at it!!  Looking forward to seeing you post your applications!

I believe it is, and I am going for that as well. The reasons are legion (no pun intended), and some of them haev been mentioned. For me it is also about striving to "be my best", in everything I do. When I do stuff I normally always go "all in"....

That is why I spent so much time on my blaster, boots etc.

Edited by SorenM

Not only is centurion worth going for... It's not much more work to do when you're building your armor.

Good luck and have fun with your build. It'll be over before you know it!

-Eric

Glen is right on target. :Laser:

Centurion is 100% worth going for out of the box. It's far easier to build it this way from the start. Also, it means you won't have to do any upgrades for a long, long time.