Am I in trouble?

Hey guys (I'm hoping this is the right place to put this) I recently bought some armor that had already been worked on and was looking over what needed to be done to be finished with it and join the legion. As I was looking over the pieces I notice something the made my heart sink and wanted to check with you guys, so what you thought about it it, and if in needs to be fixed where I might go on this site to fix it. I can see why the guy before me did this so that he can bend his leg better but I want it to look as close to perfect as it can be! I'm hoping this won't be a hard fix the only thing I can think of to fix it is bondo what do you guys think? 

500px-TK_anh_hero.jpg

Edited by Masterprime87

No that is fine, some troopers take out that section to make it easier to move around and walk up and down stairs, if you are lucky like me and a bit taller you don't need to remove this section. Don't panic all is fine :D

I had to make that cut on my AP kit, I had no problems with approvals. I would recommend cleaning up that area and making it straight and properly sanded. it looks kinda sloppy in the photo. 

Yes. They also had drippy paint and gaffer's tape. And a bunch of other flubs. The goal of the 501st is not prop replication, but what is "seen" on screen.

I took a dremel to the back of mine to shape it out quickly. It definitely helps with mobility unless you're tall and it is a nonissue. Then about a 400 sandpaper to start with. moved up to 1000 to finish.