Ales ANH Stunt ATA helmet assembly

Ales

• 2 weeks later...

I am running 1 nidec fan with a 9v battery and it's very quiet. Not as much cfm as the larger fan and won't run as long. I would rather replace one battery than three. I guess you could get rechargeable batteries.

Edited by SCTrooper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I've got the Echoworks fan bracket system few days ago. Some little tweaks. Replacing the fans (which I will use in my other project ;) ) with the ultra quiet nidec gamma26 fans, it's required 6 X 1.5V batteries, so I replace also the battery racks:

61522_original.jpg

61269_original.jpg

61723_original.jpg

62862_original.jpg

63149_original.jpg

63353_original.jpg

62479_original.jpg

63631_original.jpg

Replacing bolts (that gives the vibration from the fan to the helmet plastic) with the fan "silicon bolts":

65585_original.jpg

And I have quiet fans, hidden battery racks and perfect view of the helmet interior with Echo's brackets:

64049_original.jpg

64491_original.jpg

64749_original.jpg

65009_original.jpg

65142_original.jpg

65324_original.jpg

What did you use to mount the fan inside the helmet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

What did you use to mount the fan inside the helmet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fan bracket just fit good inside the helmet, so it's don't need to make any special mount. If you are talking about the fans itself - I used the silicon bolts, that use in computer fans mounts (see one of above images)

• 2 months later...

Great Build!

I have one question, how long did you take to remove the decal template after you paint? Do you wait until fully dried or shortly after painting when still a bit fresh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Fan bracket just fit good inside the helmet, so it's don't need to make any special mount. If you are talking about the fans itself - I used the silicon bolts, that use in computer fans mounts (see one of above images)

Do recall which Silicon Bolts you used? Picture of what the bolts itself looks like or a link maybe to where you purchased them?

• 4 years later...

Seven years ago today, TO-THE-DATE, Alexey posted this excellent ATA helmet build tutorial, and I can finally check this off on my PDF conversion to-do list. LINKED HERE is a 21-page PDF which includes a clickable table of contents, when viewed in a PDF reader or on a tablet, and all of Alexey's content and most of the other comments. If builders elect to print this document, it is sized for US letter paper. This AWESOME tutorial thread is also linked to in my All-In-One Resource Compilation thread, should any other ATA builder need additional resources and links to other great ATA build threads.