Ales ANH Stunt ATA helmet assembly

Ales

I have received the almost all of the ATA armor kit and want to start with a helmet as the main part of the kit. The first thing I'll do is the mic tips place reinforcement with epoxy milliput. Than I plan to paint the inside of two helmet parts in black with rustoleum flat black color paint.

Initially the inside of lids are waxy and I use tough kitchen sponge and detergent to remove the slicky cover and than use 400 size sandpaper for rough surface. Than apply milliput (epoxilin on russian).

32604_original.jpg

I love the use of plastic bags, I usually use newspaper, every time I get a plastic bag it has a hole in it :laugh1:

Today I'm start trimming the outer lines of the two helmet pieces. First thing I make the magnets more hand and plastic friendly.

34943_original.jpg

The trimming is a really nervous process. That is what I have now:

35563_original.jpg

36051_original.jpg

35078_original.jpg

The thing I can't trim good is the bottom line where the faceplate connect to backplate. Is it normal? :

36311_original.jpg

Personally I would try to go a little squarer in the corners of the teeth, but they are still fine they way there are :D

All right.

The other thing I found is that the lens is not fully adjoin to inner eyes line. Even if pushing the lens from the sides. Is it normal?

Yes. It's also a good thing not to have it air tight as it helps with ventilation and prevents fogging.

I like EFx style of lens attaching - bolt on. I will try to do the same. It will be more accurate looking than full stripe of lens from ear to ear. Also there will be no problem with fogging - I will install the blow fan inside the helmet.

Edited by Ales

I like EFx style of lens attaching - bolt on. I will try to do the same. It will be more accurate looking than full stripe of lens from ear to ear.

No it will not. There is nothing more accurate than a full strip of lens material from ear to ear. Have you never seen inside an original helmet?

Glued, drilled, painted and screwed

39421_original.jpg

By the way, the lens that Terrell send me with the helmet was very high (in dimension), so when I cut the lenses there is enough for installing the rest stripe from ear to ear. Just like I cut the nose area  :) And if my installation will fail, I always can apply the accurate version ;)

Edited by Ales