A GOOD SOURCE FOR A BODY SUIT.

Hey Guys,

There are several places to find body suits or compression tops/bottoms. I have researched many websites, Nike, Under armor, Walmart, Target, Dicks, EastBay, and etc. 

If anyone is in need of a body suit, I believe the best place to purchase is at Eastbay.com. A top and bottom is $29.99.

Then I went to Academy Sports near my hometown and found a brand called

BCGâ„¢

They have a compression top for $16.99 and a women's leggings for $12.99

The same brand, fits really good, and get this, its all Black, no logos on it whats so ever. FULL BLACK.

Honestly, over the last 6 years using Under Armor for sports, this indeed is better. :D

Check it out. 

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bcg-mens-sport-compression-baselayer-long-sleeve-top?sku=black-medium

Brenton.

Edited by gmrhodes13
updated text

Awesome stuff, Brenton! 

Thanks for the share.  I've honestly just begun to assemble the list of accessories that I need to purchase for my armor, the undergarment being one of them, as I'm on a wait list for armor that will last until next year sometime.  In the meantime though, I've got boots (4 week wait) and undergarments at the top of my list and my wife wants to go to Dicks and Academy Sports this weekend to look for an elliptical.  I believe that I may be making a purchase as well now.  LoL

Thanks again!

Well man, you are on the right track. You must of ordered ATA Armor? Affordable Trooper Armor, I believe its HIPS Armor. I placed my armor about 2 and half weeks ago from AP Authentic Props. It was $924 for an untrimmed kit of Helmet/Body.

Take this advice, visit this link for your Perfect hits and buys for your Trooper

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20869-combined-on-going-accessories-listing/

:D

Dicks is a great place to looks for undergarments, depending on your Class of Uniform, Centurion members have to have hand guards on their Trooper. But if you just want 501st approval, Just glue your plastic guards to you gloves. You can find some Black Rubber Chemical Gloves from Walmart for $6. ;D

I have both the Eastbay and a set of Starter under suit. I personally like the Eastbay better. It fits a bit looser and in my opinion breathes better then the Starter. Can't compare it to Under Armour seeing as I don't have any.

I strongly suggest you wear and wash your undersuit multiple times and I mean multiple times prior to wearing it under your armor. I have a high quality thicker set from Nike and when summer rolled around I bought a little bit thinner set I found at Kohl's. Well the color rubbed off on the inside of my armor and now it has this reddish brown stain on the inside that no amount of scrubbing with a Mr. Clean sponge can get off. Luckily it is mostly contained to the inside.

Good call Dennis - it will be worn and washed regularly before I receive my Armor! Thanks for the heads up.

Brenton, I am actually on the wait list for RT-Mod which I decided on after a lot of research here in the FISD forums. For the time being, I'd say that it is comparably priced to the AP that you're talking about. High-gloss ABS, comes trimmed. At 6'2" and 217 lbs with some serious wingspan, I was concerned about finding a kit that would accomodate longer limbs and moderately broad chest/shoulders. Obviously at this time I can only talk about what led to the decision to go with RT-Mod, and the accessory purchases that I make along the way. Once I've got the armor kit in hand and begin my (seriously anticipated) build thread, I'll have some more real insight.

Back on topic - so to speak - As Dennis mentioned the color fade issue, does anyone have any other horror stories with undergarments? I'm typing this and thinking "There's probably a thread about this somewhere..." but I'm wondering about fading, bleeding, shrinking, things of that nature.  I guess I'll go and search the forums!  LoL 

Just a quick follow up here...

I was at Academy Sports this afternoon (as I said I might be) and I did pick up the BCG compression shirt.  It was about $18.50 (after taxes).  Fits nicely although I'd advise investigating a size up from what you normally wear.  I'm not sure if it is the same with other compression gear or not, but I normally wear a L/XL in shirts and bought a XXL BCG compression top.

I had no luck finding a pair of pants anywhere in the store, men's, women's whatever, that was black.  So, upon returning home, I ordered a pair from Eastbay.  About $28.00 after shipping.

So there we go.  I've purchased the first pieces of my eventual TK build.  I'm officially on the path to the Dark side...  Now, I continue my waiting game for the brown box to arrive sometime in 2014.  Next though:  E-11 Blaster.

Thanks for the share Brenton, greatly appreciated!