Painting my Loake boots white!

Bought a pair of Loake boots 290(i think :P) on sorenM's recommendation and i am going to paint them this week.

First i scrubbed them down with preparer liquid(some kind of alcohol) and then started painting :)

KC6AqZD.jpg

SiKl5IA.jpg

XagBYRN.jpg

RVQtgp4.jpg

DTqCdYP.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Logon

Looking GOOD!:-).... And they are really nice, and ofcourse very screen accurate, boots.

How is the fit now?

Are you using brush or sponge?

I incidentally has just started to put masking tape on another pair ( made by Loake for Herring Shoes, it is the same model as yours:-))

I am using a sponge brush :P look att he first picture to see how it looks :D

They fit better but not great yet, if i go trooping i will defenetly need to use a bandaid before going.

Why are you making a new pair? :P

Ha ha...ok yeah I see what you mean now:-)...

I am sorry to hear they are not yet great... did you try some of the methods I told you about?:-).... Where exactly is the problem with the fit?

Good bandaids which last are Compeed and Tenso.....

Just because I can:-), having to pairs seemed like a good idea, and they were given to me free of charge :-). And I am using another type of paint, which is matt...seems to work a little better, and it sticks better to the leather for some reason:-)

Is my left little toe only i think my feet are asymetrical because i only have the problem on my left foot, little toe.

I used a preparer on mine so my boots where actually pretty matt when istarted painting so that was a plus.

Hope ou get a good finish with that paint, i think the "real" boots use blank paint.

Good idea to use a bandaid the first couple of times.:-) ...or go to the cobbler he can help you expand the left one a little bit....but fear not, you will get great boots that will last forever:-)...

I started mixing the two paints, so two layers ( it dries very very quickly) of the "new" stuff and one layer of Angelus...looks pretty good

I really do not know which type of paint they used in the movies.....:-)...

A word of caution: make sure to use a scalpel all the way around the edges, so you seperate the masking tape and tha painted surface, that will save you from irritation, grief and more work:-).....

TKBoots is no longer make the boots and the people start painting themselves more often :)

Actually it is not difficult, just need the right boots preparation and ... go ahead painting.

Still scary to paint a pair of 160 GBP boots :P

David...it must have been, I am not sure I could have done that to a pair of brand new Loakes....but they look fantastic, and very authentic. I am 100% sure you will be very satisfied with them, and they will last forever.:-)

Edited by SorenM

I don't even want to start counting how much money i've spend so far ... i am probably up to 18000 sek (2774$)

yeah they are running fast those expences.....very fast..If I count my expences, I am nearing the same amount....

I just did the math, 2689 $ is my amount, and that is not counting the first undersuit and neckseal I bought (another 120$), but that amount excludes boots (which I had already), but includes an Icomm....

• 3 weeks later...

TKBoots is no longer make the boots and the people start painting themselves more often :)

Actually it is not difficult, just need the right boots preparation and ... go ahead painting.

TKboots no more offer there boots? Since when?Why? :huh:

We're spending embarrassing amounts up in here. Embarrassing.I just hope my wife doesn't get interested in getting a costume.Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Ha ha ha ha....but on the other hand, hobbies tend to be expensive :-)...being bitten by the "hometheater bug" has cost me more than 20 times more...:-s...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!

Totally forgot that i didn't post the finished pictures... going to take them tomorrow, put the forum on the shelf untill i got my armor to make time pass faster :P

Roger the cat!

looking forward to seeing them, and to follow your build..:-)