Another Doopy Doos E-11, pimped build..

SorenM

Finished the baselayer of paint.

Fixed the bolt, attached the fire selection lever, spring and cocking handle.

Started the weathering, which will be slight.

I have used four differnt shades of metallic/silver, and primarily used drybrushing, and highlighting techniques.

The paint used is the same as I use when I paint Warhammer miniatures.

To do list includes continued weathering, filling the screws that attach the folding stock, glossing the handle and T-bars, fixing the scope ends, and making the front on the Hengstler counter.....looks like I will finish before the weekend...fingers crossed

PUPz0zm.jpg

ofyzjXx.jpg

Damn, that is a wicked stand you made. Ever consider making some of those to sell?

Thanks...but I must admit that I was not perfectly clear when I said I "made" the stand. I only assembled, and painted it.........you can buy it at doopydoos.....

Arrrrgh I fu.... Up my Hengstler counter for the second time now!...I put the display and reset button upside down...again..(you nitwit Soren...grrrrr)... Will need to fill and grind again tomorrow.......for crying out loud!.

Edited by SorenM

Thanks...but I must admit that I was not perfectly clear when I said I "made" the stand. I only assembled, and painted it.........you can buy it at doopydoos.....

Here's a link to the stand...It fits this blaster perfectly:-) ..

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-hasbro-conversion-blaster-stand-kit-2647-p.asp

Edited by SorenM

Well I managed to 'save' my mistake, and while it is drying I had time to finish the weathering, glossing the handle, filling the folding stock screws, and picking out details on the scope...I think the paint job went quite well😊

Here are some photos in a higher resolution than normal:

tFrvQ3h.jpg

Scope details and weathering

YAdxRDM.jpg

dQ27x6S.jpg

hZrRiDl.jpg

hZrRiDl.jpg

YmCovxN.jpg

Blaster weathered and detailed

Handle glossed

IweLV9j.jpg

Front details

CwXa9Mx.jpg

Bolt, spring and cockinghandle details ( I know that the number of coils are incorrect, but that will do for now)

10ciezn.jpg

SSamSFy.jpg

Magazine details

7TSvNj9.jpg

Edited by SorenM

Beautiful work! :duim:

Tack så mycket Mathias, thanx so much coming from a "details man" like you, it means a lot

Edited by SorenM

Finished the Hengstler.....it's not good, but it's ok...thanx to Simpixel for the numbers (which will be changed when I get my TK number).

The scope ends will be changed eventually..that CD foil is quite hard to work with.....😤😠

Is the Hengstler weathered in any way?...cannot seem to find a definite answer.....

Scope front end

CC1zRLx.jpg

Scope rear end and Hengstler

6LivJht.jpg

nPm5W35.jpg

I know that the glass in the counter window is supposed to be rounded, but I've tried without luck...and truth be told, that Hengstler really annoys me right now, so another future upgrade.....

Edited by SorenM

I'd say the hengstler would be weathered in a similar amount as the other bits. The ones used in the movie had a metal box around the rear end, but the front half has always been plastic. Some hengstlers have a golden/brassy metal and some were just grey-ish metal, like tin. It's unknown which kind was used. Probably both kinds.

I'd say the hengstler would be weathered in a similar amount as the other bits. The ones used in the movie had a metal box around the rear end, but the front half has always been plastic. Some hengstlers have a golden/brassy metal and some were just grey-ish metal, like tin. It's unknown which kind was used. Probably both kinds.

Cheers again Mathias...very helpful...will do some very subtle weathering then, on the rear of the Hengstler...

Edited by SorenM

Weathered the Hengstler, and I also blackened the rear end of the scope, that foil looked ridiculus....will find those aiming/target thingies.

4nFM5Cj.jpg

Arrrgh misunderstood you Mathias, the front ofcourse means where the counter is....doh!!...have just blackened the front again, and will start weathering the real rear end

Arrrgh misunderstood you Mathias, the front ofcourse means where the counter is....doh!!...have just blackened the front again, and will start weathering the real rear end

Hehe, yes you did. Good thing you caught it yourself though. :)

Nearly there ;D

Yes finally..., but I need to find another project soon, to keep me preoccupied until my armour gets here

Edited by SorenM

Inspired by Simpixels build, I ordered a cheap monocular on ebay, and the plan is then to insert those lenses into my scope, along with a decal...

Additionally I am contemplating adding wires to the counter, and maybe the magazine thingy.....and then its finished....