Another Doopy Doos E-11, pimped build..

SorenM

Started my build today....great way to spend time.

I have looked at a lot of other builds, many of them extremely well made.

I bought my Doopydoos kit a while ago, along with some other ones ( Hasbro conversion and DL-44 Greedo Killer).

I want to pimp my build, like I have seen others do, but I do not plan on buying a real Scope or Hengstler...at least not with this build.

Everything has been trimmed/sanded/ground.

hJqX8YF.jpg

LzwXCrp.jpg

Real M6 screws at the muzzle and at the pistolgrip

zh7R9t2.jpg

Ground out part of the butt.

And the holes in the folding stock

468cize.jpg

I have made dowels out of cutoff toothpicks, to make it more sturdy.

I plan on attaching everything with dowels, superglue and/or epoxyglue

ozRaoDT.jpg

Made the folding stock semi functional, and more sturdy by inserting screws ( the heads will be filled with putty ofcourse).

hmin80J.jpg

GB9Ln0N.jpg

The rear sight has had the serrated part enhanced with a nail file, and the hole has been drilled out

b6usbZW.jpg

Working trigger, made with a small nail/pin, and the spring from a ballpen..

eXIPOtR.jpg

UDxuyTZ.jpg

Working fire selection lever, made with a miniture bolt and nut

WCN07Qp.jpg

733E4NB.jpg

Edited by SorenM

Continued...

The Hengstler counter has gotten brass screws

u2zDMyx.jpg

As well as the scope

qXO7N5P.jpg

They are all screwed in, and not glued in..to me it looks a lot nicer😊

Edited by SorenM

Drilled out the remaining ventholes.

2bW94oB.jpg

Fixed the powercylinders

3eFKj0B.jpg

.Drilled out the front sight and made the pin from a drillbit.

B2s9d5E.jpg

Tomorrow I will begin assembling, and do the last part of the grinding, sanding etc.

Looks like you have been doing some research, well done looking coming along nicely ;)

Thnx, hoping it all turns out fine..., and yup loads of research.

lookin good!

the rear sight does not have a hole in the sides on a real sterling.  that's your only flaw.

Thanks, and roger!..luckily that is easily fixable......

Finished the magazine, and also the bolt (the handle off one of the boys play rakes), cockinghandle (attached a screw so that it screws down into the bolt) and spring, which I made from a wire coathanger, wrapped around a metal rod, from my closet, that I normally put my coathangers on).

ftNhDTr.jpg

iPHsn2X.jpg

1c11551.jpg

A9tRGcX.jpg

Additionally I ground the Hengstler counter, and will cut out areas to put in my number (when I eventually get one) make the counter reset button, and window as well...

Now it is glueing time...

Edited by SorenM

Added a pin to keep the folding stock in place, and also screwed the pistolgrip on.....

3sJkssB.jpg

HwOjIHY.jpg

In addition to this I made the Hengstler bracket and the scope rail....(pictures later).

Nice!

You will probably finish before me in this pace :D

Thnx again, yeah probably will..., but then again I think mine is the easier build of the two

Nearly ready for the painting.

Considering to wait until I enlist and get my TK number before I fix the "display" on the Hengstler counter. But I will prepare everything for it.

I also need to come up with a decent solution for the scope ends....anyone know where to find the decals for that?

I finished with a light sanding overall, and tomorrow will be painting, and maybe scope and Hengstler....

SJhwg0n.jpg

RaeNnhU.jpg

zGyL8iR.jpg

qZrCjdk.jpg

Thats all for now...

Edited by SorenM

Coming along nicely, before you paint just give all the parts a good wash will soapy water, some releasing agent can be left on the resin parts and reacts with paint ;)

Coming along nicely, before you paint just give all the parts a good wash will soapy water, some releasing agent can be left on the resin parts and reacts with paint ;)

Thnx, also for the advice, I washed everything in soapwater before assembly, and I wiped the entire blaster down with alcohol (the non imbibeable version) last night....but I'll give it a quick wash this morning, justfor good meassure☺

Just primed, with a primer specifically made for plastic. It is transparent ( much to my surprise).

Painting and assembly will be done today. Then comes weathering, scope ends, and Hengstler counter...hope to finish it before the weekend......

2TY5Jt7.jpg

JGSYIk0.jpg

Also made this stand

aWtZLVS.jpg

• Like 2

David! :) 
No special paint, just not the cheapest one. I normally spray on some varnish, to help protect the paintjob, but last time I used it, on another blaster, it screwed it up, making the surface milky white...so very reluctant to do that.....

Ps saw someone use spraypint with hammered effect that looked nice, I also considered using texture paint, as old Sterlings have this rough textured surface.....

Btw one of my good friends has a demilled Sterling he is willing to part with when I feel like having the money for it........uhh
I am excited:-)

Edited by SorenM

David!

No special paint, just not the cheapest one. I normally spray on some varnish, to help protect the paintjob, but last time I used it, on another blaster, it screwed it up, making the surface milky white...so very reluctant to do that.....

Ps saw someone use spraypint with hammered effect that looked nice, I also considered using texture paint, as old Sterlings have this rough textured surface.....

Btw one of my good friends has a demilled Sterling he is willing to part with when I feel like having the money for it........uhh

I am excited:-)

Do you just go matt black finish?

Do you just go matt black finish?

Yup!..and then I intend to hand paint gloss varnish on the the pistolgrip and T tracks, as to sort of make them look like plastic...

Yup!..and then I intend to hand paint gloss varnish on the the pistolgrip and T tracks, as to sort of make them look like plastic...

Huh, i thought the t-tracks where the same color as the main body?

Best thing about DVH is that i can just remove my pistolgrip handle as it slides on like a real weapon :D

Huh, i thought the t-tracks where the same color as the main body?

Best thing about DVH is that i can just remove my pistolgrip handle as it slides on like a real weapon  :D

Hmm from the pics I´ve seen they look more plastic like and different than the rest of the weapon..

Nice feature ;) , DVH seems like one of the most sexy kits out there...the reasoon I did not buy one, is that I had already bought the Doopydoos kit.