Basic 501st Approval ?

Hey Guys....

Just wanna Thank everyone for there feedback over the past weeks while I been updating my FX armor suit to an ESB TK,

I know there are a few more tweaks I could do to make this ever better than i got it,  Like the chest & back plates..

It's a FX armor suit, with a ATA helmet, ab buttons have been switched out, new canvas belt, kidney / butt plate are 2 pieces, new esb hand plates,

But I wanna know from you Guys, what if anything I still need to Do to make this at the very least able to make the Basic 501st Approval

Just wanna make sure I can get Approved the First time....

Thanks again for your Help & Feed Back !!

My first suit was a modified FX and I went to town on it trying to get it looking good for approval. You're off to a good start for sure. 

It looks like you have snaps or some visible connector on your shoulders. Can you lose that, fill the hole, sand, paint, and glue them down in the front?

Maybe a shim for your sides to help close that gap. You could maybe even trim your kidney at the top to get it more flush against your back plate.

Also the shoes appear to have a black/gray stripe and those should be solid white.

Thanks Troy,

Wasn't to worried about the snaps in the front since its okay for Basic... maybe when I can get another pair of shoulder straps i can switch them out.

Trying to figure out the best way to shim the sides....but didn't notice a CRL anything about the gap tolerance

The shoes, I know i have to Paint them, just looking for the right paint for Elastic....

Hi Vince!

Your build is looking good!  I am not an ESB TK expert, but here is a bit of feedback

1)  The gap between the sides should be ok. There is a minimum distance for EIB, but I don't think there is one for basic level.

2)  I have used rust-oleum spray paint on elastic first with success.  I applied adhesion promoter first though.  There may be better solutions out there for you, but I wanted to share.

3) It looks like you have the darker blue ab buttons.  These could work to get you approved, but I know a lot of troopers are using a lighter blue now.  This is what I used: http://trooperbay.com/humbrol-french-blue-14/  

Again, nice job on your build!