Issue mounting electronics in helmet.

Hi all,

Something that I have just encountered thats a bit frustrating.

I am building a new ABS kit from ATA. While transferring my electronics (amp, sound board, fans and batteries etc) into my new bucket, I have discovered that nothing will adhere to the inside of the ABS. I normally use the heavy duty adhesive Velcro or a combination of normal Velcro and industrial double sided tape, none of which stick. Anyone else seen this or am i missing something here?

Any ideas for a solution would be great. I prefer not to glue in the parts but will at a last resort.

cheers lads.

Could be the residue of a release agent in the forming process. Have you tried washing the inside of the lid with a mild dish soap?

You could also rough the inner surface with some sandpaper. I use a contact adhesive to mount my velcro.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt some major step I had ignored. I would prefer not to attach the velcro with adhesive so I have a bit more flexibilty to relocate stuff. I will if I have to though ;)

I will reply with the outcome. Cheers.

Carry on Troopers ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi Redcoat! This is Redcoat! Would you believe I have ATA armor too and had the very same problem as you!?! I will try this solution and hopefully this will work for me too!

I always wondered who had taken the 'Redcoat' name on the forums. Now I know! Nice to meet you, mate!