Painting my black Chelsea boots white

Did you use gloss Angelus finisher?

Personally, I did not use a finisher on mine at all.  You can see my finished boots here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25062-maxsteeles-bass-amsterdam-tk-conversion/page-2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic work!! Do you recommend that others wanting Centurion status to go this route or simply wait to buy TKboots? I'm starting to build my armor, and I cannot build shins till I have boots. I can either get some black ones now or wait a month or two for TK. In a way, i like the painted look for accuracy..

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Fantastic work!! Do you recommend that others wanting Centurion status to go this route or simply wait to buy TKboots? I'm starting to build my armor, and I cannot build shins till I have boots. I can either get some black ones now or wait a month or two for TK. In a way, i like the painted look for accuracy..

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

I think it has a bit to do with budget / time, as SorenM said

The most accurate is Loake 290, which is very similar to the Herring (Loake and others make Herring shoes). Those are Chelsea boots, Jodphurs is sometimes used for describing a Chelsea, but that is incorect. A jodphur normally does not have the elastic band, but a girdle and a buckle instead...

The originals name i somewhat of a semi secret, so I am not gonna tell you...sorry :-)

TK boots look the part, but they are White leather and not painted, which makes them less accurate than for instance the Loakes.

I would any day of the week choose a pair of Loakes..for all the reasons listed in my thread....I like high quality footwear:-)

So Loakes if you have Time / Money and Tkboots if you have neither

Yeah David said it:-)...

If you are on a tight budget, and do not mind wearing used boots, then Loakes and some of the others can be found very cheap on ebay.co.uk.......remember hand crafted shoes last litterally forever, they just need resoling once in a while:-)..

Fantastic work!! Do you recommend that others wanting Centurion status to go this route or simply wait to buy TKboots? I'm starting to build my armor, and I cannot build shins till I have boots. I can either get some black ones now or wait a month or two for TK. In a way, i like the painted look for accuracy..Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

I would most definetely go with black chelseas and paint them:-)...

Posted in another thread as well, these are my Herring Coltham (made by Loake on the 290 last)...they have been worn on three different occasions...think they are holding up quite well:-)

l5OBzwi.jpg
p1bzziC.jpg
KnF5Wxf.jpg
gl9EISt.jpg

Edited by SorenM