501st approved boot search!

I've seen several threads on this topic, but none where people are posting various boot brands and styles and then asking if they are 501st approved.  I had started to tag onto a Centurion approval thread, but even then, I felt like I was hijacking.

I've started doing a search for boots that will pass 501st approval.  I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest boots out there, but I'm also trying to avoid $200+ for a pair.  Here is what I have compiled so far, and I'll be adding on to this list as I find more boots.

If others find boots that they wish to find out if they're approved, please feel free to reply to this thread and add what you have found.  

http://www.fashionunion.com/boots/white-chelsea-boot/invt/wfwb0308whe

X4gnTla.jpg

These boots look wonderful to me!  White, U-shaped side, no seam in the front.  Hell, these might even be Centurion-approved!  If I'm doing my math right, these are $55 shipped from the UK to the US.  Someone poke holes in these shoes, because if you don't, I think I found the pair to buy.

http://www.fashionunion.com/boots/black-chelsea-boot/invt/wfwb0308blk?awc=5514_1376345749_eca2e68a6b3436a0af55dab1531cfb2d&utm_source=Affiliate_Window&utm_medium=Affiliate_Marketing&utm_campaign=Affiliate_Window_Sale

rSZ7S6o.jpg

This looks exactly like the white pair, only in black.  The inside looks a little different, but otherwise, if someone wanted to have black shoes and paint them white, I could see these working.

What do people think of these pairs for 501st approval?

Dammit!  The maximum size you can get the above boots in is UK 8.  That's a US 9.  I'm a 9 1/2, which means the largest size would be too small for me.  Grrrr!   I'll keep searching.  I'd still like to know opinions on if these are the right style for 501st.

• Like 1

I found these boots from another thread:

------------

A 9.5 US Mens is an 8.5 UK Male.  They have 9's, which might be a little big, but I think they would fit.  At this point I'm willing to paint.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I have compiled this list. I am aware that These are not in your initial price range, and they need painting.

But they are fantastic boots, and will last a lifetime...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24742-tk-boots-a-list-of-suitable-candidates/

I have compiled this list. I am aware that These are not in your initial price range, and they need painting.

But they are fantastic boots, and will last a lifetime...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24742-tk-boots-a-list-of-suitable-candidates/

Yeah, I saw your thread, and while they are nice boots, I feel our wants are butting up against the wants of the consumers of shoes in general.  I don't believe you have to pay over $200 to get a decent pair of shoes.  There must be a better price.

I'd love someone to chime in on that eBay link I posted of the boots that are $66.75 plus shipping.  It says they're leather, and they come in a good range of sizes.  Anyone have an opinion on those?

Yeah, I saw your thread, and while they are nice boots, I feel our wants are butting up against the wants of the consumers of shoes in general.  I don't believe you have to pay over $200 to get a decent pair of shoes.  There must be a better price.

I'd love someone to chime in on that eBay link I posted of the boots that are $66.75 plus shipping.  It says they're leather, and they come in a good range of sizes.  Anyone have an opinion on those?

I think they will do fine, they are definately complying with the listed standards....:-)

The talk about the price of decent boots/shoes is another one entirely. 200$ +, will get you handcrafted shoes that will last literally forever, whether or not one wants to pay that much, or even want shoes that last that long is another matter.

I also think it's difficult for me to paint $200 boots white.  :)  I'm also not convinced that paying a higher price for a shoe means it's handcrafted and lasts longer.  But I'm sure we could have that discussion forever.  I appreciate all of your comments on this topic.

I think I'm going to try for those ones I last linked.  Your boots are looking nice, btw.  :)

Good luck on your journey! Can someone else chime in about whether CAboots still exist?

Consensus I've read around here is that CA Boots aren't allowed for Centurion, only 501st and EIB.  So if you're planning on going for Centurion, you will need a different pair of boots than CA Boots.

I also think it's difficult for me to paint $200 boots white.  :)  I'm also not convinced that paying a higher price for a shoe means it's handcrafted and lasts longer.  But I'm sure we could have that discussion forever.  I appreciate all of your comments on this topic.

I think I'm going to try for those ones I last linked.  Your boots are looking nice, btw.  :)

Yeah that discussion could go on and on...Just clearing up what I said about handcrafted, it is not the price that dictates that, but the ones I have listed in my thread, (I am not certain about the military issue though) are all handcrafted.:-)

Thanks I hope they will turn out good:-)...